Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 sedan... most G1s carry an ugly a$$ strip of plastic right across its rear. has anyone done anything about it?

i'm wondering if there's any trunk lids out there that'll fit a 89sedan.

i heard an idea that someone's gonna try and tint it but thats the only idea i've heard concerning the lid.

any ideas? or pics?

·
Registered
270 Posts
No pics yet... I'm thinking I might try it when it warms up here a bit... Hoping it looks decent...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm planning on putting tinting on the taillights of the sedan... Don't know how it's gonna look though...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes... Bubbles would REALLY suck... I'm still not too sure that it's gonna look any good even without the bubbles, but I can always take it back off again !!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it depends. is your paint dark?

i'm going to get my car painted black pretty soon... so that idea of yours might be tested by me first.

it sounds better than doing nothing to it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, my paint is like a metallic midnight grey... Not sure what Acura called it, but it IS the original paint....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
grey? yea a darker stripe would look alot better than what it is now. too bad we can't just replace the whole damn color. but a darker red is better still.

i think one of the old toyotas are carrying strip backs that are dark grey. i think its either camry or corolla. i forget. anyway i'm gonna try and see if theyre even compatible which is a high impossibility but what the hell.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The 89-94 Nissan Maxima has a similar taillight design to the G1 sedan. Several Maxima owners have removed the center piece and welded in a metal piece instead. There's a guy at my school with a Maxima like this (It's also orange and on hydros, anyone seen it?). I'm sure there are members of www.maxima.org that have done this as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts