Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i have been doing research at work for my soon to be new car. I found 3 places that's willing to design a turbo.

forced air tech in az for about 4k
revhard manufacture in so. cali starting at 4.6k

if i can show that I have people interested for sure, maybe he will lower the price. so let me know.

oh yeah, the turbos are garrett and turbonetics and would take about 4 weeks to fabricate.

also, i don't know much about turbos. can someone tell me the pros and cons. what kind of maintenence i need to do? how will it affect my engine life? do i have to do any other engine mods?

thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
A turbocharger as opposed to a supercharger is lighter and should get better gas mileage since it's exhaust driven not belt driven. As far as maintanence, the turbo should last you AT LEAST 50k miles without giving you any trouble. Once you get up towards 100k, you're lookin at a turbo rebuild. I'm not sure how your engine life would be affected and I'm also not sure how a Legend engine will take to higher compression. You may want to look into getting some pistons custom made along with that turbo, but you should really talk to the people doing the turbo about that.

-GR

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
a centrifugal supercharger is only viable because it's one of the simplest forms of forced induction. on our engines its worthless on the street unless you street race every where you go. turbos can be made to produce alot of horsies down where you want or how ever high you want. A twin screw supercharger would be nice, low end power high end power mid range boost but turbos can also fulfill this job and not put more parastic drag on the engine. but if you're thinking of centrifugal......fuggedaboudit.

oh BTW turbos will last as long as the engine if, like the engine, they are not neglected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.