Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has put a turbo in a Legend, how would this be done? How much would it cost? Where would you buy the turbo from? How much horsepower can be gained? :cool: I'm starting to think about doing this as I always have that craving for more power. Would it be worth it to do in an automatic 94 coupe.

Anyone have pictures? :D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
there's only 2 people that I know of...

Gary DePriest has a twin TC Legend, but I am sure KennyG or anyone else can tell you he dropped some SERIOUS change in that puppy...

TJ Miles was working on a SC for his G2 coupe...Dave C may know more since they are in the same area....

There is also a spot in AZ that claims to have 1 for G1's that boosts power by 80hp. It is $4k. Chris Moody may be tinkering on this project as well.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I've only seen one real turbo installation where the engine actually ran. Unfortunately, on the first angry street pass, the auto tranny got blown right out of it. As far as I know, Gary DePreiests car never reached the running stage.

If you're going to boost it, use a manual car. That way you can get a complete new engine management system without having to worry about transmission programming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm pretty much out of luck then if I want a turbo and don't want to spend more than $4k. Grrr, oh well, life's tough. How much would it cost you guys think to swap the auto tranny out for a manual one? :D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The swap (Auto to Manual) is not worth it. They'd have to re-arrange stuff inside to fit it properly, cut a hole etc... probably a new ECU... and more stuff... not worth it.

If you really want manual your best bet is to sell your current car, and go hunting for a manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not worth it to some, but to me It's worth it. It's my current project, which is really currently sitting in the garage. The cost? you'll be paying for a G1 Legend for the price of buying/installing one in ur car. And oh yea, here's the Mystical Turbo Legend.

Attachments

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Not worth it to some, but to me It's worth it. It's my current project, which is really currently sitting in the garage. The cost? you'll be paying for a G1 Legend for the price of buying/installing one in ur car.

Yep, me and luvmylegend may also be tackling this project later.

Bullet, that car is on FIRE! Very nice. Is the kit molded to the car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The body parts is in the worst state they have been in ever since I got the car, the erebuni sides will be ordered in a month and the Andys coupe rear will also be installed. The Type II engine is on order from Japan and the Six speed tranny will be sold in a week to buy me a brand new one. I'll keep yall updated on my progress but don't expect results till mid 2003. Money is low now so I'm saving up for it. That theft incident set me back 2500 bucks, I re-purchased everything, and also school tution is at an all time high for me. Good thing I got this new job, I'll be selling car stereos for Circuit city. Oh yea, my signature is photoshopped, but by the end of March it will look exactly like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts