Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
If you have ever been under the hood or under a legend, you would know why this is a bad idea.

1. A rear mounted turbo would have to be very small, because of the IMMENSE amount of lag. The turbo setups that those websites show, are for very large engined vehicles usually, and they use a fairly small turbo(ie an F150 with a t3/t4). This is fine for a low boost pressure setup. For our car, that would mean it would create boost (assuming a t25) at around 4300 rpm, and your car will feel slower than stock up until then.

2. You are going to have the same ecu issues that we have currently. No matter how hard you try, you are going to throw a map sensor code when you put enough boost to it to actually make some power. Yeah, you can run 4 psi fine, and not throw a code. But up until you get over 3 psi, you are not producing any more power than stock.

These rear mounted turbo systems are inefficient and will only encounter the same problems we already have, without solving any of them. Save your money and make a real turbo setup.

·
Banned
25 Posts
I have mixed feelings on this subject. It is still very iffy. Check out http://www.jlturbo.com One of my really good friends knows the guys personally. He even has mixed feelings. Its not worth the money you pay for the kit IMO, but I believe that you can make the same kit yourself for around $1200 and this could be a nice little investment if your looking to put a Legend in the low 14's or so without using nitrous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.