Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DO HERE?

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
forget about it

don't even bother. I have a friend over @ spoon sports in Japan, he says there's a kit over there for the legends [g2], but unless ur willing to spend $6,000 for a GReddy turbo, HKS intercooler, blow-off valve, exhaust manifold, and all the plumbing, that's up to you.

He did say that it ups the output of our motors to 570-600 hp @ 24psi.:D

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
570-600 hp Legend. Now THAT I've got to see to believe. ;)

Can the Legend engine even handle that much boost without modifying it?

Can you ask your friend if he can provide a link or something to the Legend specific turbo kit?

·
Registered
376 Posts
spoonlegend, if u can get me some info on that kit or a contact number, i'd be willing to order it. =) $6000 is nothing for a bolt-on kit. custom turbo alone would cost that much or more.

·
Registered
376 Posts
even if gary completes his turbo legend, it doesnt help us out as his legend is a fully stripped out race car. where as we have a bunch of needed junk in our engine bays. =)

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Re: forget about it

SpoonLegend said:
don't even bother. I have a friend over @ spoon sports in Japan, he says there's a kit over there for the legends [g2], but unless ur willing to spend $6,000 for a GReddy turbo, HKS intercooler, blow-off valve, exhaust manifold, and all the plumbing, that's up to you.

Trust and Believe im not doubting you but....PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFO ON THIS. A TRUST turbo kit for a legend that seems to good to be true. this dould save me money in the long run i'd just buy the manifold.

i do think the the LEGENDS engine internals are secure up to about 400crank HP (looking at the spec and the build quality of this engine)(you know the NSX and Legend share a basic engine design)

i think he means over there it cost 600,000+yen which brought over here could be over $8000 im not good with shipping prices so please dont quote me.

BTW Zol how's it going with that.....*cough*..civic..*cough*:p:D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: forget about it

SpoonLegend said:

While I don't really want to spend that kind of money right now, $6,000 for all that is cheap, and I probably would eventurally buy taht kit if it were offered in the U.S.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do all of you realize that this would cause a **** load of problems? One- The install would be somewhat complicating, two How many of the people here would actually invest that much? Besides the moderators and **** who for obvious reasons sport all the phatty parts. and three, The differential and cv joints would probably break like crazy and fourthly wouldn't this be blowing trannys? Then again I guess if you're gonna spend the 6-8 grand for the turbo why not go all out and buy the 500+ hp cv joints?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.