Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had a question that i keep forgetting to ask... I go camping a lot and sometimes like to keep my trunk or a door open. Is there any way to keep the lights from coming on? Like a switch or any thing? Or will i just have to remove all the bulbs? The reason being is i don't want to have to jump start my car again!

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha fuse... never thought of that. Just wish there was a switch or something!

· Registered
3,012 Posts
There is a lighting relay under the hood, in the fusebox. It's labeled clear as day "lighting relay" just remove it, and never worrey about draining nyour battery on a camping trip again.

Now a bear attack-that's what I'd be more worried about-one got loose in my Legend and destoryed the interior :p

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yeah i'll pull that relay out the next time. There shouldn't be any problems though right? LoL speaking of bears, the last time we went camping they were like... just watch out for bears cause they wonder throught he camp site at night... we barely slept a wink! haha

· Registered
4,439 Posts
Bears will use all of their senses to figure out what you are. If they recognize you as a person, some may stand upright or move closer in their efforts to detect odors in the air currents. Don't consider this a sign of aggression.

Black bear attacks in the eastern United States are rare. However, they have occurred. If a bear attacks, fight back. Bears have been driven away when people have fought back with rocks, sticks, binoculars and even their bare hands.

:D

· Registered
3,012 Posts
arnach said:
Bears will use all of their senses to figure out what you are. If they recognize you as a person, some may stand upright or move closer in their efforts to detect odors in the air currents. Don't consider this a sign of aggression.

Black bear attacks in the eastern United States are rare. However, they have occurred. If a bear attacks, fight back. Bears have been driven away when people have fought back with rocks, sticks, binoculars and even their bare hands.

:D
My grandpa used to wrestle bears in the circus! :bowdown:

I'm lying of course.

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe... thats why i carry a baton! LOL no body messes with my camp site!

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
morbo said:
There is a lighting relay under the hood, in the fusebox. It's labeled clear as day "lighting relay" just remove it, and never worrey about draining nyour battery on a camping trip again.
Exactly. What Jeff meant, is the "Lightning" or "Headlight" Relay. It's the same description for it. It's no 2 in the pic. -Mike

Our Headlight / Lightning Relay, Terminals & Descriptions

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
But still, don't ya'lls Interior lights shut off after the doors being open for 2 min or so? Mine do as long as the key is not in the ignition!
Lenny,
if you're interested you can extend the time of interior light up to 30 sec's. It's a simple installation of an small additional relay inside the roof lamp. I believe I have posted almost the same info, but probably my posts got deleted :( -Mike

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah i always turn off my dome lights. Its more the door lights and trunk lights thats the problem.

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
All of my intrior lights shut off. Front/Rear Doors, Dome and footwell lights.
Waht type of car do you drive? Sedan or Coupe? I have really no clue about Sedans, but in our Coupes are these circuits totally independent. You know why? The reason is the DLA (Door Lock Actuator), because Sedans does not have a DLA. Among others this stuff controls the door lights itself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.