Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing new door speakers and I am running into a problem with the tweeter. I can't get to door panel back on with the tweeter. How do fix this problem?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
jmckell said:
I am installing new door speakers and I am running into a problem with the tweeter. I can't get to door panel back on with the tweeter. How do fix this problem?
where on the door panel did you put it? Or are you talking about the factory tweeter?

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
nah, he's probably talking about a coaxial speaker where the tweeter is sticking out too far.

You're probably gonna have to get another type of speaker where the tweeter sits lower.

or do some custom work. Hope this helps.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am talking about the tweeter that sits onto of the factory door speaker.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
jmckell said:
I am talking about the tweeter that sits onto of the factory door speaker.
It's probably not the tweeter blocking you from putting the door panel back on.

There's about 10 tabs I call "christmas trees" they slide into the door panel and help keep the panel secured onto the door. One of them is probably bent and is keeping the panel from going back on. Take the door panel back off and see what happened. I've installed door speakers in 5 different G2's and have had no problem with the tweeter blocking anything.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That could be....

When I got my JL's installed in the front, there was no interference with the tweater. If you take the grill off on the panel, you might be able tho cut it out or something... but these came out of a sedan, and they had no fitment issues.... they are not a very big speaker either, so you should not have a problem with them... good luck:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts