Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a sony component set.... i put the tweeter set on the door panels... just kinda went for it... they came out really well... just need a big enough amp to push em... (besides the stock deck) email me for pics [email protected]

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I don't have any pics, but the my tweets are mounted on the little triangle part (the backing of the side view mirror) and the wire just taps down into the regular speaker wires. I'll be buying a crossover later. But I guess you could say this is the ghetto way of making a 3-way componet. But hey, it works pretty well.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I flush-mounted mine on the top corner of the door panel, under the side window fog vents. Sounds and looks okay...just be careful when drilling the tweeter mounting holes for anything underneath. I had to remove the channels for the side fog vents (so now the vents don't work, I had to clog the things up).

You probabally should mount them on the sails (like 894door did), or flush mount them above the woofer area (if your tweeters are directional and can be pointed at your "front stage").

·
Registered
602 Posts
What I am gonna do for my tweeters(hopefully soon) is to surface mount them where the o-sh*t handle is on the front. I took off these handles already beacuse they annoyed me and I filled the lower holes with some plastic that matches the tan color of my interior. You can then surface mount them over on the top. They are up out of the way and both of them have the perfect angle. Just an idea.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My brother and I just installed some supertweaters. Sounds and looks great. Although we had no drill and used a knife. He stabbed himself in the wrist. Luckily he hit no arteries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts