Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little search and hopefully this is not a re-post, I have seen these things around for a year or two now, I was wondering if anyone knows about them? It's essentially a intake tube that has 2 filters attached to it, are there real gains? or just useless?

here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33659&item=7938103680&rd=1

I've seen a guy who made his own air box with 2 foam filters attached to it; one on opposite sides, front and back (on a Eclipse), he claimed a gain in horsepower.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If you want the most gains, then try a K&N Filter from a combine/big rig... I run the same filter on my turbodiesel truck as I do my Supra, and flow is not really restricted at all (much more area of filter to cover airflow that the engine may need)...

All that two filters is going to do is look nice - you're not under pressure, so you're not going to be pulling in as much air into the motor... Just get a nice regular-sized filter.

FYI - the older HKS Megaflows (green, yellow, or blue/red) flow the best out of any filter on the market, but the tradeoff is filtration (it's horrid)

·
Sales Guido
1,086 Posts
The only cars I've ever seen those on are twin turbos with a single intake splitting and feeding both turbos. If you look at the picture on the webpage, thats exactly the setup they show.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
The only cars I've ever seen those on are twin turbos with a single intake splitting and feeding both turbos. If you look at the picture on the webpage, thats exactly the setup they show.
True - it's a ripoff version of what some Japanese use to compensate for a switchover from one MAF to twin MAFS... Some Supra guys do it, all the Skyline people do it, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.