Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I was looking at a couple legends on autotrader, and one was a light gold, almost silver/gold mixed looking, and another one was like an actual yellow gold. are these both stock colors, and does anyone happen to know the names of them?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Depends on the year. I don't recall what the exact color was for the 91-93, but they had a gold color that was really gold looking. For the later years, the Chasmire Silver metallic was actually a light gold car in the sun, but at different lighting conditions would raelly show the silver color.

G

·
Yes, the dark gold was only available in 91 along with a few other colors!! The lighter gold came out in 92 which is what I have.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
I believe the darker gold goes by the name of "Desert Mist" not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
otterizer i agree with you on 100%

i am a lacky owner of this fricken gold
but i guess i have to stick with that, here is only 2 legend in my town like that so its allright

G

·
I saw a coupe with this color the other day and I didn't like it either...my mom actually liked this color when she bought her first Legend...but instead I talked her into buying the Twilight Blue Metallic color only available in 91!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
DSMKiller said:
I believe the darker gold goes by the name of "Desert Mist" not 100% sure though.
No my brother - The name of the 91 Gold was "Golden Glow"
My first legend was a 92 - purchased new - when I went in to buy my car I wanted the Gold - but for 92 they were discontinued.

The sales person told me that they did not sell well & if I had come in months earlier I could have gotten a nice discount on the Gold.

I still have the 91 Legend sales brochure!!!

Desert Mist is more of a tan color -
(someone posted their Desert Mist about 2 months ago)

For my 2nd Leg I got the Cashmere (silver/gold)

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
otterizer said:
yeah..no disrespect to anyone who owns that color, I mean, a legend is a legend. I would just prefer to have something other than that particular color. :)
Yup, I know what you mean. I thought that way too when I was shopping for my GS. I was rather hoping to get a green one at the time, and specifically NOT a gold one.

As it turned out, I ended up getting a gold one as it was the best of the few that I had looked at.

Now, I'm actually happy that I got a gold one. I like how it has worked out.

Also, I recently bought a GS 6-speed that is green, and so I now have the best of both worlds. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.