Acura Legend Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I have question for you Telion since you know a lot about Ecu please tell me if its ok to install auto ECU type II in the car whit type I motor and manual trany? I have 92 l model sedan 5 speed. I installed GS interior, wiring, steering wheel, TCS and type II ECU automatic .by changing couple wires I got ecu to work whit my manual trany. Thanks and sorry for my bad writing
No need to apologize about your bad writting, but I wouldn't recommend going with the Type II ECU if you are running a Type I specifically because of the fuel and ignition maps they are mapped different for each Type. Each being designed around the needs of that particular engine in terms of fuel, ignition and cam requirements, now whether or not this is really bad I don't know but the ECU from what I have learned is not telling the engine what it needs as accurately as it could be if you are running fuel and ignition maps designed for that engines specifications. I hope this helps answer your question PM me I would like to know more about everything you did especially regarding the TCS install and how that went, but since you have done all this work and want to keep the TI engine I can chip your ECU with the Type I maps so you can still run TCS and other modifications.

·
Registered
14 Posts
doh!!!

I'm sorry if this may sound like the most uneducated question ever, but how does one determine whether or not the car has TCS? :nutkick:

Telion, I have a Type I ECU. I'm swapping in a Type II engine, but I'm unsure what "Type" of trans I received from the wharehouse. Is there a way I can ID the trans? What would be the best way to go? Upgrade to a Type II ECU or just chip it?

p.s. I tried looking for you contact info., but I could not find any...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I'm sorry if this may sound like the most uneducated question ever, but how does one determine whether or not the car has TCS? :nutkick:

Telion, I have a Type I ECU. I'm swapping in a Type II engine, but I'm unsure what "Type" of trans I received from the wharehouse. Is there a way I can ID the trans? What would be the best way to go? Upgrade to a Type II ECU or just chip it?

p.s. I tried looking for you contact info., but I could not find any...
Personally though this is un proven it depends on the Trans you get. If you go Type II trans than go type II ECU, Type I go type I now of course I would suggest chipping it either way you go especially if you go Type I trans because it will require Type II maps. As far as identifying the Trans I am not sure if it is an auto but Ican look into it you will want to pull the numbers then PM them to me or just post them for other members to chime in. Either way chip it, you will be happy if you do!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
PM replied and sorry missed the first question, but I think I remember you saying that you figured that part out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did a type II swap on a 91 legend, didnt do much other changes new type I tranny. The thing I can say is that, from first to second is pretty hard when in normal traffic but on the high way there is no problem, not really happy with how many times i need to stop at the gas station so I will look into that next.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I just did a type II swap on a 91 legend, didnt do much other changes new type I tranny. The thing I can say is that, from first to second is pretty hard when in normal traffic but on the high way there is no problem, not really happy with how many times i need to stop at the gas station so I will look into that next.
Sounds good I will be standing by :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
did all 1995 legend sedans come with type I or type II from the factory??

ok so i'm trying to understand something...I want a type II engine in my 1992 acura legend sedan. I gave the car to a mechanic near my house who said he'll do the swap for me. when i saw the motor, it didn't have the type II sign on the manifold. I asked him what year car he got it out of and he said a 1995 acura legend sedan.

I thought all 1995 acura legend sedans came standard with the type II motor. Am I wrong?? or did they still put the type I motor in the 1995 models??

21 - 35 of 35 Posts