Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know the exact differences between the Type I and Type II engines or where I can find this information? I am not talking 230hp vs 200hp. I mean mechanically. I know the Type II engine doesn't have an oil cooler. But what else? I assume the cams are different, are the valves any larger? The headgaskets are exactly the same and I believe the block is as well.

Would putting Type II cams into a Type I head yield more HP and/or torque gains?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
According to PSA cams and intake valves are different in the heads, upper plenum on the intake (all else is the same). Exhaust manifolds are different due to lack of the air suction port on the LH side, they use the same gasket though.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, that's exactly what I wanted to know :)

Pete, that was so great :) Coming home and seeing that Legend engine sitting there :) I already tore a good portion of it down and am shipping the head gaskets out to Leon tomorrow.

Turned out the camshaft is what seized. The engine then snapped the crank shaft in half leaving one intake valve in cyl#2 open which hit the piston. I took quite a few pictures on my digital camera and will post them later this evening :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need to find a type II engine quick for my car. ANYBODY know where or somebody that is selling one. My legend is a 92 coupe with a type I engine. Want to swap one in my car b/c i have a blown head gasket right now so i decided to put a type II engine. IF anyone know somebody that's selling one be please to contact me at [email protected] or call at 215 917 4938. Thank You!

·
Registered
8 Posts
More HP from a Type II Recommendations ??? Help

I want more:
More HP from a Type II Recommendations ??? Help
I have a 94 Acura Legend LS 3.2L type II looking to more mods.
What is the best aftermarket Cold Air system for Legend?
Can I change or increase the Rear end gears to higher?
I understand changing the exhaust will help too, working on that too...
Any Performance Chip?
Thanks

·
D'Nejel Ar-Ukca IIV/_\|<
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Difference are cams, valves, exhaust manifolds, ecu of course, different ignition timing, and fuel trim.... does anyone know if the type2 is more or less prone to BHG than the type1? Mechanically i believe the type2 is a much stronger motor. I have the type2 in my 93 with the type1 computer, and the bitch is dumpin fuel it appears.. However it does chirp tires out of 1st gear. it sounds much more open, power is at ur fingertips... TYPE2 = EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE.... HAD MY HEART POUNDING!

·
D'Nejel Ar-Ukca IIV/_\|<
1,203 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts