Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the hype for the type II engine is not that great, i personally looked this up the 30 hp difference is made up by the weiht increase in the coupe and TCS , so their moderetaly the same ive raced a couple with my type I and it was eithr dead even or a couple of inches for the type II. Now once you take out the fuse for the TCS now were talking, is it me or are all legends slow of the line with a catback and air intake?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Legends are slow off the line. Period. Add a cat back and intake, and you're looking at an even slower launch off the line.

Legends have weak low-ends, but strong high-ends. Most typical bolt-ons pretty much magnify that difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the max torqe an horsepower utput, at wht rpm's? and does a bayou chip really help by only ading 7hp?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Type I = 200 hp @ 5500 RPM and 210 lb/ft @ 4500 RPM

Type II = 230 hp @ 6200 RPM and 206 lb/ft @ 5000 RPM

While I haven't dynoed my car, adding the chip did make a noticeable difference.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I'm sure other 2X Legend owners would agree, but I owned a 91 Coupe, and then my wifes 95 Coupe, and I can definately feel the difference. I still have access to the 91 Coupe since I sold it to my good friend, and I still stand by my view. By the seat of the pants feel, it almost feels like the 91 is a faster car, but the TYPE II just has too much more power after about 30 MPH or so. The 6-Speed TYPE II also has a noticable difference over the TYPE II auto.

Also, the removing the TCS fuse will do nothing, as the TCS us not engauging unless there is actuall weel spin. My TCS almost never engauges under most conditions, unless the ground is wet.

I do agree, all, or at least most Legends are slow off the line. Even the 6-Speed needs a near perfect launch to get that low 6.5-6.7 0-60 times, and it will need a perfect launch on a good day to get that 6.3 0-60 that the magazine guys got. If I have a good launch, I can get my 6-Speed in the 6.7 range fairly consistently, but if I mess up even slightly, I'm in the low 7 second range easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts