Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone on here tell me what is needed to do a caliper swap on a 94 ls. i want the type II calipers on the coupe/gs and want to where to start. thanks

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Calipers, brackets, pads, rotors. Looks like you have bigger than stock wheels already so shouldn't need anything else really. One thing I'm not sure of is whether you'll need lines or the whether the typeI and typeII lines/banjo fittings are the same.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. yeah... i put some 17's on her. when you say brackets, are you just talking about the mounts/braces that hold the calipers on? i guess the gs ones are larger or either further from the center? thanks again

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You have 2 options: a)just replace the T1 Calipers with T2 calipers, keeping the T1 brackets and rotors b) replace the T1 calipers, brackets and rotors with T2 calipers, brackets and rotors.

Type 2 fronts use rotors that are 5mm thicker so the brackets are designed to make clearance for the added thickness.

To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference in braking between my sedan and coupe. You're probably better off keeping your T1 calipers and spending the extra cash on a high end pads and good quality blank rotors.

I think you only notice a noticeable difference under hard braking. IIRC, even the Road & Track (or was it Car & Driver) article showed that the T2 brakes only reduced the stopping distance by 3 feet under hard braking.

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
thanks. yeah... i put some 17's on her. when you say brackets, are you just talking about the mounts/braces that hold the calipers on? i guess the gs ones are larger or either further from the center? thanks again
Yea...as other have said them be the brackets. How's the SPG running dude??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info. i wanted to upgrade to some crossdrilled/slotted roters and wanted to know if it was worth the hassle to swap everything over. i appreciate your answers/input. the spg is running fine, i just had it on the read for a few days while my ack was in the shop. ever heard of a a trans shop breaking the heat shield on the exhaust while swapping a trans? that's my luck:nutkick:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old so forgive me guys for I am a noob.

I'm looking to do a 4 lug to 5 lug conversion on my 4th gen Prelude.

This requires new front end calipers. A lot of people use Type II Calipers, on thier conversion and I've located a set for $120 shipped.

So question 1. Would anyone be able to tell me if thats a pretty decent price for brand new type 2 calipers and brackets?

Question 2. Can anyone give me a part number for the type 2 calipers so that I can be certain they are actually type 2 calipers and not just regular Legend Calipers?

Thanks!

I really apprecaite your help to this noob.

And I'm sorry if this was alraedy discussed any where else, I did a search which is why i found this thread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. $120 is a good price
2. the typeII calipers have 2 pistons instead of one. heres the set i just picked up for $150.
eBay Motors: Acura Legend GS 2 piston caliper bolt on upgrade 28T (item 150285626174 end time Aug-24-08 17:24:28 PDT)
holy crap that auction ended with no bids at $50. I dont see a reserve either.

I feel like an idiot for paying 120 lol..

edit: i just realized that the acution ended early beacuse you bought them, not that it actually would have closed at that price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.