502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is DAYUM!!

What a great feeling!
:cool:
I finally got my coupe out of the shop..and let me tell you...WHEW

What a difference!
Sounds beautiful with my CAI, exhaust, and I shamed a few vehicles today..poor guys, guess they didn't know what hit'em.

FYI, you CAN use your Type I ECU..the only difference is the shift points from let's say 40-60 and 75-90. Now if you give her WOT at any speed, she digs in deep and reaches for 100 unless you decide to let go. I didn't push her more than 100mph because I still have the OEM wheels on her. I will have to pursue a Type II ECU elsewhere. This will get the Bayou as well, but I would like to feel it for a few days beFore I send it to Louisiana. for the transplant.:cool:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

congratulations man.

welcome to the club! :)

how much did that all run you?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
This will get the Bayou as well, but I would like to feel it for a few days beFore I send it to Louisiana. for the transplant.:cool:
You are confusing me... First you say its in, then you say it has to go get the transplant....Fill me in?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Type II Swap is SUCCESSFUL!!

92legend said:

You are confusing me... First you say its in, then you say it has to go get the transplant....Fill me in?
No, I mean I have the type I ECU, but I have the Type II motor.
It runs really strong, but the shift points are different...in other words, it will pull even longer before shifting. I mean, 2nd gear will yield extra tire squealing. I am going to get my Type II ECU as soon as possible.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: hey

jose3030 said:
congratulations man.

welcome to the club! :)

how much did that all run you?
Thanks, Jose!
Funny thing is everyone was asking me HOW MUCH would I sell her for. Apparently a very well-to-do lady was interested in picking up a coupe and saw mine. Only and ONLY if I can get a 6 speed coupe and some cheddar for my pockets. Lot of work in this baby.
As for price...if you really wanna know...

right at 4k:eek:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Congrats Leon, seems like u got a good deal regarding all the work that went into it......how many miles did the type II engine have? and how about your original engine?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Type II Swap is SUCCESSFUL!!

Do you feel a lot of difference? I've only driven the TypeII GS Sedan. Have never tried the TypeI Sedans or Coupes.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Parts the same?

Any wiring problem?
The motor fit right with the Tranny?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Type II Swap is SUCCESSFUL!!

FutureX 2001 said:
Do you feel a lot of difference? I've only driven the TypeII GS Sedan. Have never tried the TypeI Sedans or Coupes.
While the Type I was quick off the line, this one is even quicker...very noticeably, especially since I have been driving a Type I sedan for the last few weeks. Now, she roars, its just a remarkable sound...the CAI even sounds louder at idle and under hard acceleration.

DV8, thanks...I wasn't sure if I could claim that category, but now I feel even better :cool: Now you and I need to work together on some things.....

Hate Me Now, the engine and tranny came out of a Legend that had 50k on the ticker. My system was at 229k. Was not dying, but I had a highway mishap that cost me those two components (road debris). I believe they used the same wiring harness, or they must plug right up, because I saw when he was setting it up..there are small visible differences in the setup of this too. Will investigate soon, for those interested in this kind of deal.

Darren and everyone else...thank you for the support and stuff...this car is so much MORE fun to drive...I forgot just HOW MUCh fun the coupes are...especially when you've got "STUFF" done to'em.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Congrats Leon! I bet you couldn't wait to take that first test drive after everything was done, sure makes it all worth the wait huh? Hope you enjoy your new 'hybrid' :) I've always had a thing for the coupes even though I have a sedan, i'm keepin my eyes open for one :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats man!:) I hope you enjoy it. Now you can have something about your legend that is unique, and that you can brag about. I am sure it rips sh$t up now. I was thinking of doing that swap in December, but it would have been too expensive, and too much BS. Have fun with your new toy.....

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
Congrats man!:) I hope you enjoy it. Now you can have something about your legend that is unique, and that you can brag about. I am sure it rips sh$t up now. I was thinking of doing that swap in December, but it would have been too expensive, and too much BS. Have fun with your new toy.....
OH WHAT A BLAST!!!
I raced a Mustang GT TODAY.

HAAHAHAHA

Bust his aZZ!!!
PULL SOO SOO SOOOO HARD
SOUNDS SO GOOD..
G2's best kept secret...I would have never known.

DV8, I did have it done, for I have not the time, but at my next house, I am going to have a separate garage in which I can build a shop, complete with a lift...this way I can help my fellow Legend-ites...please beleive I will be doing some homework on my next swap. (6 speed maybe?)

DSMKiller...I tell you, it was worth the wait...I have been riding for the last 6 hours :) :) :)
What fun it is driving the coupe..I had THREE offers today to buy it..including the mail man..lol

I hope we see you all at NOPI!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I, personally, do not believe that there is that much difference between a type I and type II.

It would have been much easier and much less expensive to modify a type I engine to outperform a type II.

Just my opinion.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
drewk2 said:
I, personally, do not believe that there is that much difference between a type I and type II.

It would have been much easier and much less expensive to modify a type I engine to outperform a type II.

Just my opinion.
Numbers don't lie...0-60 in mid 6's..and yes, I can attest to that today. Seat of the pants will prove too...either way, remember, I put a 50k motor in my car...that's including new timing elts, seals, water pump..I mean, I have got a coupe that....you know, I just say put your money where your foot is :)

I would let you drive mine and let you see...

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey congratulations on your swap Legendz_4_life. Now go out there and make those damm ricers read your plates and dust the way they are suppose to.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts