Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have these typeII motors that they say are imported from Japan and have like a range of 30-40K miles on them? is that true or is this just some marketing strategy to get more money out of the motor? and anyone actually bought one off of ebay? was it a good running motor? i dont like taking chances with those types of purchases on ebay.....please post up!

only reason i ask is cuz i own a salvage and its damn hard to find a factory typeII motor at the insurance auctions! rare and if u do find it...high mileage! so ebay might be one other option

· Registered
1,306 Posts
HvNd4SpeedOnF4i said:
They have these typeII motors that they say are imported from Japan and have like a range of 30-40K miles on them?is that true or is this just some marketing strategy to get more money out of the motor?
It's true, no marketing scheme. Japan has strict laws about keeping cars over 60K miles, most people buy new cars anywhere from 30K-60K, therefore making the engine import business in the US successful.
HvNd4SpeedOnF4i said:
and anyone actually bought one off of ebay? was it a good running motor? i dont like taking chances with those types of purchases on ebay.....please post up!
Yes, I have. Company is called www.cnsmotors.com and my JDM Type II came with a 6 month unlimited miles warranty. Enginesrus is another company that others on this forum had success with. Aside from a possible faulty thermostat, my motor has zero problems.
HvNd4SpeedOnF4i said:
only reason i ask is cuz i own a salvage and its damn hard to find a factory typeII motor at the insurance auctions! rare and if u do find it...high mileage! so ebay might be one other option
Ebay was my only option when I found out I had a BHG.

Word of advise, do a search on this topic, we have thoroughly covered this subject.

· Registered
1,306 Posts
No problem man, just wanted to give you a heads up before someone came in and chewed your head off for not searching. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, I just finished my JDM Type II swap this past March so it's still fairly fresh in my head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.