Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I literally havn't slept in 32 hours, and feel quite oddly energized so I decided to Tysonify by records. It was actually a pretty fun thing because I had always just kind of glanced through them and not actually looked at each one in detail.

A few mysterious (bad) hings:

- Not a single record of a coolant change/coolant hose change/rad change... Not a good thing but I think I will be doing the 3.5 Swap soon.

- Spark plugs have only been changed once according to the records

- Two VSS outs, and one Window Regulator :)

- July 21, 2003, Clutch Pedal to the ground, $228 job, I wonder what it was

- A mysterious brake job for $1400! What could that be? One of the cylinders? It didn't outlie it on the records - January 15 2004

- December 6, 2005 Random Heating Part replaced for $548

- He kept on having problems with the speakers and the radio/antenna I don't know why he didn't just get an aftermarket one instead of spending $200 on each Bose Speaker.

- I have spoken to the 2nd owner (I am the 4th) and he said that he was religious about oil changes, but I don't know why he wouldn't get it done at the dealer... Its quite cheap at the dealer (at one time only $15!)

- Lack of solid records between March 06 and when I bought the car in May 07, I didn't trust the guy I bought it from to have taken care of the car but I fell in love with it anyways. He replaced the rear window from a break in (I didn't include that) and installed a compustar at $550!

- I wish wish wish I had previous records from prior to 124k... I wonder if I might be able to call up a dealer in BC and hunt around for them...

On a side note, my Legend is temporarily out of commission, We had a pretty bad snowfall on Friday and in the process of avoiding an accident I did a 360 and went onto a curb (with my Hakkapelittas, it was very very slippery my TCS was going off allot which doesn't really happen after I got the new tires). Luckily I Didn't hit the tree which was only about 2 feet away. It sounded bad, but I can't see any damage, but the car doesn't drive very well - wheel shake etc. I am going to get it checked out this week. The 400,000km mark will come in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned for some good pictures! I want to do the clutch at that point as well.

I am going to the junker sometime this week with the hopes of picking up a cupholder armrest, new speaker covers (for the front doors), and some new GS rims to put my summers on.

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
:bowdown:

Nicely done, Neil! It just makes me chuckle to see that my obsessive compulsive nature has rubbed off on a few of my colleagues here ;). Don't you feel so much better after having logged all those receipts!! Haha. Keep up the great work. Your car has been religiously maintained. Very cool.

To answer your question on the pre-1998 records, the chances of tracking those down are pretty slim. Most of the time, the dealership will purge them from their system after a set number of years. All that might show up is a date and a repair order number -- at least that's what I found out when I was researching records on my Prelude.

Side note: Sorry to hear about the near collision! Hope you get the car back in tip top shape so she can get to that 400,000 kilometer mark running like a champ.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
logging your reciepts :rolleyes: I prefer to spend blindly and not keep track. If I added it up like that I might have to consider is it worth it? best not question, and just keep spending if you are happy with it is what I say.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
logging your reciepts :rolleyes: I prefer to spend blindly and not keep track. If I added it up like that I might have to consider is it worth it? best not question, and just keep spending if you are happy with it is what I say.
I agree in a way, but I get a sense of satisfaction having everything consolidated. To tell you the truth that grand total seemed pretty modest to me. $11,000 over 10 years is only $1100 a year to drive a fantastic car - I know allot of more members spend less and have better spec models than mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.