Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of HID lights from UltraBright last December. One of my bulbs burnt out in October. Under the purchase agreement the bulbs are warrantied for one year from date of purchase. I contacted UltraBright to advise them of the burn out and they have told me to send both my bulbs to Hong Kong. Then they will send new bulbs to Ultrabright in New York where they will be tested and then sent to me. Below is the exact text I received from UltraBright:

No problem. Go ahead and send BOTH bulbs to:

Bo Kon
Unit A, 9/F., No. 8 Hart Ave.
Tsimshatsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong

Please enclose a note explaining whats wrong with the bulbs and stating that you are out customer. They will replace them free of charge and ship them back to me, at which time I will test them and ship them back to you. Please use USPS Global Priority as it is quite reliable and inexpensive

Has any else had to deal with warranty with Ultrabright? On the surface it appears this may be a one to two month excercise. What the hell do I do for headlights while bulbs are being returned, tested and forwarded around the bloody world. Can I revert back to my old headlights? Does anyone know where I can buy new bulbs that will work in the McCulloch conversion HID kit I purchased? If I am not mistaken, I put in 5800K bulbs (the pure white ones). Does the kit take a multitude of differents brands of bulbs? This warranty process looks like it will take awhile and I may be better off to just buy two new bulbs (keep one as a spare) and forget about this warranty crap or conversly buy two new bulbs and go through the warranty thing and end up having two spare bulbs.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
That process does not sound too bad actually. They have to make sure that the bulbs actually don't work. You could easily put regualr halogen bulbs back in until you get your new bulbs. Being that you are still under warranty, I say go though the warranty process and put some halogens in temporarily, then once you get your new bulbs, you'll be as good as new.

· 502MotorSports.com
9,375 Posts
91LSMAN said:
That process does not sound too bad actually. They have to make sure that the bulbs actually don't work. You could easily put regualr halogen bulbs back in until you get your new bulbs. Being that you are still under warranty, I say go though the warranty process and put some halogens in temporarily, then once you get your new bulbs, you'll be as good as new.
yep :werd:

· Registered
655 Posts
but when you think about it... bull , all the time spent testing and , you can had it all done... just buy some replacement hid's bulbs, sometime does it worth it = time waiting....

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Warranty

91LSMAN, I hear where you are coming from. You are absolutely right. There are individuals out there that would see this as a means to get some free bulbs. I guarantee you that that is not my case. I wish to hell my bulb hadn't burnt out so that I wouldn't have to go through this. All I want is for both my headlights to be functional........ :( Maybe paying the $60.00 each for new bulbs is the best alternative. (That is the price I was quoted from Ultrabright). Being up here in Canada creates more of a hassle because of shipping, customs etc. I wonder if there is any place in Canada that I can buy bulbs that would work in my system....... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help guys. :bowdown:

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shipping

Another twist has occurred. I phone both Purolater and UPS to get a cost of sending the two bulbs back to Hong Kong for warranty as Ultrabright lights requires. Would you beleive they both want about $55.00. I just about died. Now I really don't know what to do. I removed the bulbs from my car this aft with great difficulty. As I am sure you all know, to get at the drivers side head lights requires you to remove the battery. With all the additional wiring from the harness etc. I could just remove the bulbs while scrapping the hell out of my fingers. Of course, that was the bulb that was working fine. It was the one on the passenger side that was burnt out but Ultrabright Lights requires you to send in both bulbs under warranty even though they are not both burnt out. Anyway, now I am sitting with two bulbs one of which appears to have the long exterior wirecasing cracked. I assume that is why it is not working. I am just pi**ed off that it is going to cost me the same price as for a new bulb to get warranty. Be forewarned people that purchased the McCulloch HID Light Kit. Warranty replacement is a major hassle/cost. Becuase of some modifications that were made to install the HID Lights, I am unable to just disattach the harness and plug in my old halogen lights. When things get screwed up, they really get screwed up.

· Registered
972 Posts
it's understandable that people lie, so they need to test them. but requiring you to send the bulbs to hong kong is pretty dumb, as you bought them in the US. where he sources his parts is not your problem, unless it stated in the warranty that you will have to ship them to the manufacturer, not the seller.
the guy said he is going to test the new bulbs when they send them from hong kong, right? so he has the facilities to test. so instead of shipping them to hong kong, ask him if you can ship them to him, and he can test them. then if they don't work, the guys in hong kong can send the replacements to him, he can test those, and then send them to you. it will save you both time and money. tell me that doesn't make more sense.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bulbs

95exrv6 how much are your replacement bulbs. I have the 9005 conversion 5300k bulbs. Ultrabright wants $60.00 a bulb shipped to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.