Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and could not find a DIY on unintsalling the transmission. Does anyone have or could shed some light on the basics of getting this thing out? Maybe just a matter of unbolting ? Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I did some searching and could not find a DIY on unintsalling the transmission. Does anyone have or could shed some light on the basics of getting this thing out? Maybe just a matter of unbolting ? Thanks.
I did this like 2months ago, here is the link to the online manual: Acura Legend Online Service Manual (Pages: 0359-0529, current: 0359)

If I remember correctly: you must remove the exhaust y-pipe, cat convt., rear tranny mount, the five or so bolt holding the engine to the tranny, the mid mounts, shift selector cable, electrical connectors, and fluid lines. It's a pita if you did it like me from under the car and no lift at home. With the right equipment it becomes easier. Good luck

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
If you are doing it on the one you are parting out then I'd highly recommend just pulling it with the engine. If not then follow the steps in the manual, make sure you can get the car high enough to get the tranny out and I highly recommend having a transmission jack.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are doing it on the one you are parting out then I'd highly recommend just pulling it with the engine. If not then follow the steps in the manual, make sure you can get the car high enough to get the tranny out and I highly recommend having a transmission jack.
Thanks manxdr21!

Thanks Ari, yes it is the one im parting out i havea buyer for the transmission this saturday and i havent pulled it out yet. So pulling it out with the engine seems to be the most logical since im willing to sell the engine as well. Thanks man. All i need to do is get a hold of a transmission jack now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
tranny can drop but if your pulling both its easier from what ive been told. and im assuming becuase its a pain to get the housing bolts off. but much easier to pull both together.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep, the whole thing out the top is the easiest without a lift, and yes you'll need a cherry picker or the like. (Or an even easier way is to have the guy come pick up my tranny instead :) )
that would be pretty easy lol. But when you can get a jdm tranny for ~ 250...

·
Registered
93 Posts
na na u right tho.. you can get that job done by your self becuase i took a tranny out by my self in the legend but ur going to need to craine it out. just watch smoke and the fuel line. dont want to hear of a disaster lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts