Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the air ride done on Friday morning. unfortunatly my Digital cam is outta commision so the only pic I have is the one Vito took at his shop while I was loading the car. It had no air in the system cause I had to drain it to tow it without damaging the bags. Plus it still has the stock 15" wheels on it. I finished running the wiring to the trunk on Saturday for the Amp, compressor, power inverter and air selonoids/Dump Selonoids.

here is the pic that Vito took:

This is not the height I will be driving the car at, this is just how low it gets when the bags are fully dumped. I will be rolling at 1.5" - 2.0" below stock height and have my camber set for that ride height. But I will still be able to Dump fully when rolling the strips in Daytona or South Beach.

Later!
Lenny

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Why go for bags? Is there more coming?

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting some body work and wheels. No body kits, not on my car! A Legend is a nice car and if you do it right it will look good and ride nice. If I was a ricer I would be cutting my springs and installing a really huge spoiler. Oh, If I was a ricer I would be driving a Civic or an Accord, not a Legend. Not to mention we do have a lot of uneven ground and dirt roads out here in St. Cloud, Fl. So if I need to I can raise the car for anything that may be coming up in the road.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I'd throw some 18's and get a suspension drop too. :)

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
morbo said:
I'd throw some 18's and get a suspension drop too. :)
That's what the air ride is for. I have complete control of ride height. and I'm going with 19"x8" Giovannas with +44 offset and 2" Lip. I know I'm gonna have to roll the front fenders but what the hell. Gotta do something to fit a $2,300 set of wheels that I'm getting for only $800.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
just remember everyone different strokes for different folks

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I think it's gonna be sick to have a airbags and rolled fenders-you could really offend people by throwing 21"s on it. I don't give a damn what anyone says, big rims like that would rock on a Legend.

Good buy on those Giovannas-8 bills!

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
misdeismo said:
how do air suspensions ride? can they be made performance orientated?
No, they are not performance and prolly can't be made performance oriented. They are for smooth ride and looks. If you drop 'em down to bumpstops and don't mind a bumpy ride it will be stiff as hell. But I wouldn't suggest riding like that. I drove mine to the corner store like that and it felt like I was in my Puerto Rican buddies old Corolla GT-S that he cut the springs on. But riding at 34 psi it was smooth as hell!

I'm looking at the Dakota Digital air ride control system for my setup. This system will tell me what pressure each bag is at and give me 6 presets for different bag settings. I don't ever want to run with empty bags again. So I'm gonna find the lowest setting that is still smooth and make that Preset 1. Preset 2 will be my normal ride height of 1.5 - 2.0" below stock. Preset 3 will be normal ride height with passengers in back seat. Preset 4 will be stock ride height. Preset 5 will be stock ride height with passengers in back seat. And preset 6 will be maximum ride height for dirt roads, water covered roads (Damn hurricanes), and just uneven terrain. It can also be set to dump all bags when the key is turned off!

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EnriqueC. said:
were did you get your air ride system from?
Universal Air in Cali. Because I couldn't bring the car to them I shipped them a brand new set of KYB struts and mounts. They fitted the bags to the struts and used the measurements of the spare tire well that I sent them to make the 10 Gal tank and mold the compressor into the tank. the whole system ran me $2,700 + shipping of the struts to Cali and shipping of the kit back to Florida.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
No, they are not performance and prolly can't be made performance oriented. They are for smooth ride and looks. If you drop 'em down to bumpstops and don't mind a bumpy ride it will be stiff as hell. But I wouldn't suggest riding like that. I drove mine to the corner store like that and it felt like I was in my Puerto Rican buddies old Corolla GT-S that he cut the springs on. But riding at 34 psi it was smooth as hell!

I'm looking at the Dakota Digital air ride control system for my setup. This system will tell me what pressure each bag is at and give me 6 presets for different bag settings. I don't ever want to run with empty bags again. So I'm gonna find the lowest setting that is still smooth and make that Preset 1. Preset 2 will be my normal ride height of 1.5 - 2.0" below stock. Preset 3 will be normal ride height with passengers in back seat. Preset 4 will be stock ride height. Preset 5 will be stock ride height with passengers in back seat. And preset 6 will be maximum ride height for dirt roads, water covered roads (Damn hurricanes), and just uneven terrain. It can also be set to dump all bags when the key is turned off!
That hiss is gonna be nice :)

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
morbo said:
That hiss is gonna be nice :)
especially with the 1/2" hose I have running to the Fast Dump valves. Most of the system is 3/8" lines. I have slow fill valves, slow dump valves and fast dump valves. Not to mention the compressor fills the tank to 120psi and I ran a 1/2" line off the tank to an electric valve under the hood that is going to run two 24" Air Horns that I pulld off the old tractor I drove in Boston. I'm gonna tap right off the horn relay to run this valve. So if anyone sets off my alarm or cuts me off they will get a loud ass surprise! The only down side to the way I have the system setup is that I don't have it turning off with the ignition. So if I get an air leak I will know in the morning when my battery is dead.

I told Lee about the Air Horns and he thinks that I'm going to mount them on the hood. I don't think so! They are going either in the stock horn locations facing down or behind the front bumper cover!

· MAN-WHORE
1,949 Posts
Hey I noticed you was in Orlando Fl like me. I been interested in a airbag setup for my Legend Sedan for probably about 3 years now. I have no idea how sells/installs these setups. Think we can hook up or something so I can hook up my suspension?

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KINGFABIAN said:
Hey I noticed you was in Orlando Fl like me. I been interested in a airbag setup for my Legend Sedan for probably about 3 years now. I have no idea how sells/installs these setups. Think we can hook up or something so I can hook up my suspension?
What do you want from your suspension? Are you looking for handling, Lower stance, smoothness or adjustability? Cause a bag setup just might not be you bag! LOL, I made a funny! :giggle: j/k

Later!
Lenny

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.