Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs commute car went haywire yesterday... I'm seeking any advice/suggestion you'd have to offer, before the car gets towed to the stealership. TSB checked, found only one possible fault :dunno:

Intermittent hard starting issue started about a week ago, symptom indicating a dead battery (so I thought), jump started to no avail., heres the rundown...

Drastic voltage drop @7.2V when attempting to start; NO click what so ever, dome/courtesy lights starts to flicker, moon roof stuck open, and all LED warning light indicators illuminates.

Following faults appears on VDO screen as well.
>DTR
>SRS
>High Beam
>Low brake fluid
>Temperature will read 185*F

Screen will then go blank and repeats the sequence (same above scenario occurs even when the vehicle is being jumped)... everything goes back to normal voltage @12.45V (no load) once the key is removed from the ignition

Things I've checked/tested so far...

Battery posts/terminals are clean and corrosion free.
Battery fluid levels in all eight chambers are at normal level.
Battery will read 12.45V with no load.
Battery will read 14.58V when being jumped.
ALL fuses checked; trunk and engine bay.

I thank you in advance :thumbsup:

·
acura-legend.commie
2,583 Posts
here is your problem, its a benz. . .

but seriously, did you let one of your kids drive it?

but seriously seriously, its a benz with a electrical problem, who the hell knows whats wrong? take it to the stealership

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
yeah the stealership is going to try and tell you that you need a whole new electrical system and that they have to "special" order your part and you are going to be without your car for 7-16 business days, then they are going to say that you need to pay 974644631681384351813135808464564689561614$ Dollars, "muahh hahahahahah" (crazy doctor evil that horrible person) and they are going to basically tell you, that you need to get everything redone.. or my solution would be get rid of the benz and buy her a lexus or BMW (which by the way in the course of a cars life time will on average be cheaper to own than a benz by about 7500$ in repair) or you could take it to one of the guys from where ever the hell they come from, and have him do it for a whopping grand. *phew* sorry had three to many energy drinks. aha

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tubadude said:
here is your problem, its a benz.
cfprezskid said:
the stealership is going to try and tell you that you need a whole new electrical system.
^^^ lol'd at the above replies, although I'm greatful for the inputs :D ... thank you gentlemen :thumbsup:

legendtype2 said:
This is one of my biggest concerns as well having a benz in the family. When the warranty is gone in 2 years I know it's going to be a money pit.
Hi there Jung... money pit they are, that's why I do ALL the required Service "A" and "B" when they're due, saves me lots of $$$. Let me know if you ever need any assistance with the car after the warranty has expired.

Heres the latest update on the Mrs commute car status...

>Battery load test failed, causing several computers to malfunction... new OEM battery + FULL computer reset = $350

>Apparently, driver side door handle broke <= prolly due to the Mrs frustration... replacement part + disable side curtain air bags + install = $275

>120K mile service is due... ALL fluid flush + Service "A" and "B" = $495

>Full detail; interior/exterior and will include the engine bay = $295

>Plus the added tax, of course :(

We'll get the Mrs car back tomorrow... she's driving my truck and I'm driving my eldest sons (he's on vaction) WRX, can't complain ;)

·
2,481 Posts
^^^ lol'd at the above replies, although I'm greatful for the inputs :D ... thank you gentlemen :thumbsup:

Hi there Jung... money pit they are, that's why I do ALL the required Service "A" and "B" when they're due, saves me lots of $$$. Let me know if you ever need any assistance with the car after the warranty has expired.

Heres the latest update on the Mrs commute car status...

>Battery load test failed, causing several computers to malfunction... new OEM battery + FULL computer reset = $350

>Apparently, driver side door handle broke <= prolly due to the Mrs frustration... replacement part + disable side curtain air bags + install = $275

>120K mile service is due... ALL fluid flush + Service "A" and "B" = $495

>Full detail; interior/exterior and will include the engine bay = $295

>Plus the added tax, of course :(

We'll get the Mrs car back tomorrow... she's driving my truck and I'm driving my eldest sons (he's on vaction) WRX, can't complain ;)
$350
$275
$495
$295
______
so in all that you spent an EXTRA 1542.35$
thats the problem with anything german. My old brothers GTI needed about 7500 worth of work after he got her, electrical, engine knocking, the car had been well handled and cared for its just the way that germans engineer their cars, dont get me wrong when they are in top shape they are some of the best cars on the road..

just my opinion.

GL with the Benzie though man

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
I hate Benz. They always gonna eat your wallet. Hey Ferj, you should have bought a G1 Coupe for your wife. At least you'll know what to do if there was a problem with the car.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cfprezskid said:
so in all you spent an EXTRA 1542.35$
Total cost for the service rendered... yes Ian :)

tubadude said:
i could by my car twice for that much.
True that Austin :p

l4zy415 said:
I hate Benz. They always gonna eat your wallet.
Heres the thing James... performing some of the maintenance myself limits the Mrs commute car visit to the stealership ;)

sam o nela said:
Ferjie, put that Benzy up on Craigslist and see what kinda offers you get....then you can use the cash toward a Lexus if the Misses prefers luxury pampering.
We have been there and have done that Gabe... former Lexus/BMW owner as well :yes:

legendtype2 said:
You shoulda saved that to buy my legend :bigok:
It's all good Jung... btw, you still have the car? if so PM me, we'll work something out :thumbsup:

bandoni™ said:
I remember the days when benzs where built like tanks.
:lol: but few of their cars STILL are built this way Mark.

The thing is fellas... three out of the four work orders is NOT related to the initial issue with the Mrs commute car :giggle: ...thought I'd point that out !

ps: Jung I'm serious about your car; that if you still have it :D

·
2,481 Posts
well man benz are all nice and luxury, personally i think if my mom got a good one with no problems she.. no wait i would drive it till it died.. but other than that, i would say a new lexus or not even new maybe a 2001 IS300 you can get those for about 9600$ with about 70-95K miles.. just MO but good luck with it. oh and BTW how did you know my name?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Total cost for the service rendered... yes Ian :)

True that Austin :p

Heres the thing James... performing some of the maintenance myself limits the Mrs commute car visit to the stealership ;)

We have been there and have done that Gabe... former Lexus/BMW owner as well :yes:

It's all good Jung... btw, you still have the car? if so PM me, we'll work something out :thumbsup:

:lol: but few of their cars STILL are built this way Mark.

The thing is fellas... three out of the four work orders is NOT related to the initial issue with the Mrs commute car :giggle: ...thought I'd point that out !

ps: Jung I'm serious about your car; that if you still have it :D
Yup still here, I was going to post it on autotrader in a week or two... pM sent!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the Mrs commute car back :woot:

Heres what a $200 OEM battery looks like; this sucker is long too :yes:

Engine bay was cleaned as well :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.