Acura Legend Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
In my opinion....

I think the kit is a little too busy...too many different angles/creases. Other than that, I think the workmanship and overall execution is excellent. Don't worry about those who say "you should have saved your money and bought a real Skyline". Besides, those who say this are the one's who list painted calipers and blue signal bulbs as modifications.... :giggle: :giggle:

It's all about customizing and self expression. The car still has the Legend lines, and that's what is cool about it. If I were in Cali, I'd probably concider buying it....then I wouldn't have to try and fit R34's on my coupe :p

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
THANKS AGAIN ALL :bowdown: if i ever decide on selling her......maybe i can get a skyline and do a LEGEND conversion.....lol. sort of like an evil twin. heheh. but i really appreciate any and all comments. she isn't done yet still got about 5 more items on my mods list. hopefully i can get them done.

·
.The.Laos.Guy.
3,076 Posts
Where did you get the parts to do the conversion? I know it was a pretty big investment to do have all that done to your car. But it looks well worth it. Where can i find parts to do conversions?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
i got a friend that imports parts and cars from japan. he gonna get me an S15 Silvia. it aint cheap though. so i can pretty much find anything you need. what type of conversion do you wanna do? hit me up for more info

·
.The.Laos.Guy.
3,076 Posts
wow sounds like you got a very good connection to get parts.. i was thinking about doing a skyline conversion myself but as i can see you have beaten me to it but i am still wanting to do it. how much did it cost you to get all the parts for the conversion and how long did it take for you to get the car finished???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
brich05 said:
What's up with you do you have a legend?
To answer your question......this is a Legend. here are a few pics of what it looked like back in 2000.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
noudles said:
wow sounds like you got a very good connection to get parts.. i was thinking about doing a skyline conversion myself but as i can see you have beaten me to it but i am still wanting to do it. how much did it cost you to get all the parts for the conversion and how long did it take for you to get the car finished???
basically, it took me a little over 2 years because part of the reason was my financial situation wasn't the greatest at the time. the headlights were $600.00, the tailights $900.00, the front bumper $700.00 the rear bumper $600.00, side skirts(custom made) $500.00, wing $500.00, and the eat of the body work including wide body and labor $6,000.00. the rims ran me about $3,600.00 with tires. im sure i can get some of the parts for a lot cheaper. i bought the light 4 years ago.

·
.The.Laos.Guy.
3,076 Posts
damn no kiddin.that project isnt cheap at all.. the lights alone are like 1500 plus already.. but it looks like it is still well worth the money for the car to turn out the way it did...but i might still consider spendin that kind of money for the conversion..

oh yeah i like your old pics of your legend before it had the transformation. what kind of kit is that?? very nice... so you think the parts are cheaper now that you can get?? what other conversion do you think would look pretty nice with the legend???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
noudles said:
oh yeah i like your old pics of your legend before it had the transformation. what kind of kit is that?? very nice... so you think the parts are cheaper now that you can get?? what other conversion do you think would look pretty nice with the legend???
the old kit i had on there before was an EREBUNI KIT. dont know what it was called. i think it just had a part number. that was like $1300.00 back in 2000. plus it was shipped from New York. down side to that kit...it was paper thin, so any little speed bump mishap or dip would pretty much crack it. plus my car was way too low. as for the Skyline bodykit. i got that from a shop here in San Diego. they got that straight through Bomex. i guess you gotta get it outta Japan. cause there aren't too many Skylines rollin' around here. if you know of any shops out in your area, you might wanna get some prices. i'll find out around here if you want. just let me knowwhat exactly your lookin for. i can go to 3 or 4 people i know and try to find the right price. later. hopefully i answered "1992_legend"s question as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can u give me a website or phone number as to where I can get a skyline wide body kit my 4 door 1991 Acura legend. ? I also need information as to where I can all my interior redone. Thanks.josh 8325376155

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
Can u give me a website or phone number as to where I can get a skyline wide body kit my 4 door 1991 Acura legend. ? I also need information as to where I can all my interior redone. Thanks.josh 8325376155
this thread is from 05 and that kit may be on ebay.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts