Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i promised her are the pics from my completed project. I put some pictures of when i makeing it a while back but ive been really busy and havent had time to post them.

completed but it looks alot better now since i cleaned iit

I have more pics of my door speakers to post but ill do that when its not so late.

Accord conversion comming soon!!!

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
...thats all I can say man!!!

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! That friggin sweet dude...so tell us what kinda snags did you run into? How'd you run the wiring? Dont be shy man feel free to post as many pics as youd like cause I LOVE looking at em!!

· Registered
134 Posts
I HATE LCD SCREENS!!! But I really like your set up :D That is one of the cleanest installs I have ever seen!!! Makes me want to put on in my car.......doh!! That's right I just sold it!! Oh well it is a really good job though and like I said I hate LCD screens in cars. My question is do you have a cover made for it for when you leave the car unattended? G1's are so easy to break into and I would hate to see that get stolen.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The process was somewhat difficult and an amature probably wount want to do this but its doable. Um ok ill try to explain the process i used to rig this together. I had a hard time fitting the stereo into the console because the one i used was a bit too high, i had to cut into the body to make it fit but reinforced the area with polyurathane foam to stiffen and insulate. Putting the the stereo into the glove commpartment or door storage compartment might be easier. Most parts came from ebay.

Here is a quick parts list.
1.For the LCD i used an Innovatek manual indash flip out lcd sceen. $120 on ebay.
2.Stereo Innovatek dvd/mp3/cd. Ok unit looks like alpine but still kinda on the ty side. $120 ebay
3. PAX IR repeater $30
4. Super glue
5. Spray paint suggested black
6. Plexyglass
7. Extra wire to extend stereo/lcd etc
8. short screws
9. Scrap tin (to make mounting brackets)
10. Other stuff?

1. First step is to remove the screen from the flipout housing basicaly remove all the screws. Next i made 90 degree pressure mounting tabs with some scrap tin.
2. Next you have to take the stereo bezzel and shave part of the bottom lip off, so that the screen can sit flush when pressed against it. Mount the screen by using the pressuretabs you made to hold it in place. Screw the tabs into the inner side wall of the bezzel.
3.Now your screen is basicaly mounted. If you want to keep the controll buttons and ir sensor you probably will have to extend it with a longer ribbon cable. I rerouted mine to the ash tray.
4. To make the frame around the lcd cut a piece of plexy glass into the exact shape of the bezzel frame. Then drill a hole to mount the IR repeater. Glue the repeater so that the little bump fits into the hole. On side the repeater is glued on (backside) mask out the size and position of the lcd then spray paint black. Next attach double stick tape to back side edge then place over screen. If you cut it out perfectly double stick tape is not needed because its such a tight fit.
5. Basically thats all um theres probably some small stuff i missed but common sense and some electronic know how will overcome.

Anything i missed?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry gooniac1 no cover, but im sure it wouldnt be hard to make one. When its off its not too noticeable. Im planing on putting some light window tint over the plexyglass to further stealth the look. Yeah my car was stollen before, but know i have a really high tech alarm system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.