Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I did a minor update to the FAQ. Now includes info about spark plugs, and the site that sells those clear corners. I also added a bit about Sterlings for you crazy Rover fans (myself included).

I had planned on doing a big update, but I forgot what I was going to write about. Remember, I am open to suggestions/comments on the content. If there is a question that you think should be in the FAQ, i'll see what I can do.

http://63.193.123.11/vincent/legend/FAQ

-Vincent

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Vince,

Can I use your FAQ for the G1 FAQ Section on the website I am working on? I would of course, put that you created it, and a link to your page for the most-recent FAQ.

Let me know :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
Vince,

Can I use your FAQ for the G1 FAQ Section on the website I am working on? I would of course, put that you created it, and a link to your page for the most-recent FAQ.

Let me know :)
You're not the only person who has asked me that, of course. I don't see a problem with your proposal. The FAQ is there to provide information, and the best way to do this is to make it easily accessible.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
good stuff

·
Registered
864 Posts
Looks great Vince! thanks (in advance) for all the info youre supplyin to people!

-bryan

·
Registered
160 Posts
Vince, your web page makes interesting and informative reading. From what you've reported there was very little structural differences from 1987-1990 for the coupe with the sedans catching up. What of engine modifications ? Was there improvements from year to year? Under the hood there are apparently no discernable differences to my untrained eyes. Are there?
One report i've read regarded the Ist Gen as true LEGENDS from performance, handling, nimbleness etc and was critical of 2nd Gen as being big and unwieldy. I know i am shaky ground here as there are many of us who have both types. I would love to hear your honest viewpoints as i am contemplating a 2nd Gen sedan.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bob b said:
Vince, your web page makes interesting and informative reading. From what you've reported there was very little structural differences from 1987-1990 for the coupe with the sedans catching up. What of engine modifications ? Was there improvements from year to year? Under the hood there are apparently no discernable differences to my untrained eyes. Are there?
One report i've read regarded the Ist Gen as true LEGENDS from performance, handling, nimbleness etc and was critical of 2nd Gen as being big and unwieldy. I know i am shaky ground here as there are many of us who have both types. I would love to hear your honest viewpoints as i am contemplating a 2nd Gen sedan.
The only engine change was when the Sedan upgraded from the 2.5 to the 2.7 in 1988. I also believe that the early 2.5s had "european style" oil filters (where you replace the paper filter but not the metal canister).

Having not driven the second gen, I cannot comment. My dad test drove one once and noted that it didn't fell all that much quicker than my coupe. Some of us are devoted to G1 Legends, others are aspiring to "upgrade" to G2's (I'm in the former category :D). My suggestion to you would be to drive a second gen and see for yourself. In addition you can ask folks like Jose3030 and FutureX2001, who have both.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Vince:

How did you post the pic of your car along with your signature. Can't seem to get it done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
csamos2 said:
Vince:

How did you post the pic of your car along with your signature. Can't seem to get it done.

Thanks.
Use IMG tags with the url in the middle of the tags. See vB Code help on the left side of the message box.

·
Registered
703 Posts
vince said:

The only engine change was when the Sedan upgraded from the 2.5 to the 2.7 in 1988. I also believe that the early 2.5s had "european style" oil filters (where you replace the paper filter but not the metal canister).

All '86 and '87 Legends had the old "euro style" oil filters, including the 2.7 liter coupes.

I just came over from the old forums. Glad to see were finally getting some G1 traffic over here.

·
Registered
703 Posts
FAQ

For your FAQ, if you want to get technical, there were other body changes other than the ones you reported in your FAQ.
In '89, the coupe had the following changes: wheels received the chrome coating, the hood got the washer sprays moved from the top of the hood to under the hood. The grille says the word "ACURA" instead of "24-valve". the door handles stick out further instead of being flush with the rest of the door. They added an "oh crap" handle on the drivers side on the inside between the windsheild and the door window. They also added memory seats in '89.
There are probably more, but that's all I can think of on the coupe right now.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've converted many of my friends to G1 coupes. I am on my 3rd now, 2 of my friends have '89's, one has an '88 and two have '87's. I know the G1 coupe pretty good.:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
sterling 825 sl

hi vince how are you,i read your page and I want to thank you for talking about the sterlings(rover),you know these cars are great and i will never let mine go my situation is this my original sterling engine got the valve bent even if the timing is still in one peace,well i bought an 90 acura engine from ebay for $199 so I put that in my self with another transmission since mine was sliping,the distributor on the acura engine has a connector just on top of it i believe two wires one dark brown and the other is orange but the sterling does not have one,it has like a small black canister with 1 or 2 hoses and since i had to keep the sterling wiring because the acura one do not match the connectors beside the wiper motor,i have two choices 1st I can move the distributor from the sterling to the acura engine but I m afraid that i would screw the timing up by removing the whole unit if you can tell me that it would not I ll go ahead and do it,my 2nd choice is to let the connector with nothing connected to it and hell with it,please help I really dont wanted screw this engine up,thank you so much for your help

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: FAQ

... They added an "oh crap" handle on the drivers side on the inside between the windsheild and the door window. They also added memory seats in '89... i think the "oh crap" handle was an '88 addition my '88 coupe has one and it seems rather silly but it does exist

juggalo

re any cheap hoods out there???...e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: Re: FAQ

juggalo said:
... They added an "oh crap" handle on the drivers side on the inside between the windsheild and the door window. They also added memory seats in '89... i think the "oh crap" handle was an '88 addition my '88 coupe has one and it seems rather silly but it does exist

juggalo

hmmm...
my '88 didn't have one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice FAQ Bro'.

I saw in your FAQ "Q: What about engine mods?" and i wanted to make a suggestion. Maybe you should include all of the other mods available that arent located directly in the engine compartment. There are important mods outside of this area. my signature has a list of what ive got :)

While the engine area is limited, there is hope bro'.

-Intakes
-fuel regulators
-fuel rails
-performance ignition systems
-ultralight flywheels
-front exhaust pipes
-others im not thinking of at this time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dont see a problem in that, considering that ive got more than half of the manufacturer answers already listed on my add-ons list. :)

I think what i 'll try and do is include the link to the website or # of the company where the parts can be found.

if nothing else, at least the manufacturer of the part will get you going in the right direction.

btw, are you familiar with the legend temple? ken's got a ton of good info on that site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts