Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you want in on the group buy, put your name in the "OFFCIAL NAMES LIST at the url below.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2844

The style choice is set. We are going with the Inspire style door sill in brushed aluminum with LEGEND as the wording in the OEM font. These will look great.

Prototype sill should be completed this week.

Blank sills are available.

Indiglo is not an option. The company won't do it. Sorry.

For the few of you that want different lettering, it will cost you. AP will mass produce the sills, and then the engraver will put all the lettering on. If you want something other than what the group buy is getting, it will obviously cost more money from the engraver.

The Coupe/Sedan list below is the list I will use and update when more people add their names to the above URL.

This is the names list currently:

COUPE
Shad_93LSCoupe, TYPEII, Ghost, sleeprlegendcp, eddie, bulletzero, Legendz_4_Life, 1994 ls coupe, Thai.95LCoupe, aiznpride, Dawk, BLF, Eye Candy, SMOKI, Hate_Me_Now, 6speedcoupe, 94coupe, SeaSickLegend,SLEEPNL, theGodfather, RedHOT, asianlegend, big_aclegend_69,BuLLdAwG'91cpe, 6speedcoupe, siege, BradyM80, 1MrCruZ, michaellawyer, jrock7791, thein, akleg4life,95LSTypeII, vrb747,BiGJoE, BoBoCop, Spiff, and banel.

SEDAN
Legendohio, NickD, SammyD, RenoG, 92legend, stevieray, whitelegend, wyolegend, LegendGS, mfjonny, EK, SEDAN91, rquest77, Triton3K, ATL_LEGEND, BMW-Legend, Avarice, Shapps, BLO, DaTimez420, Pass427, eurovargas, kennyG, pYmpdaddi, DSCLegend,SushiLicious,jkurl,DJPolak, 92Iloveu, cristalen, peeta01, sLiKk iCk,Got2Lovme9, LEGEND95GS, Giordano, Sh0ck3d, Bo Ku, mrlegend, dboogie08, and of course myself.

This is 78 people total, a very excellent turnout.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
Excellent!

Hey, did Jeff get back with you regarding a day for us to inspect quality next week?
Not yet. I am going to call him on Monday. I talked to the person running the Acura CL group buy and he informs me that the CL prototypes are due next week, plus whatever he is doing with the TL guys. Looks like Jeff has a full plate in front of him. I am hopeful the prototypes will be done early next week for us, but we will see. Once I talk to Jeff I will let you and Martin know.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE!!!

Ok guys, I talked to our man at APsignworks today and got final pricing for our brushed aluminum sills.

Sedan-$65
Coupe-$50

Shipping to all 50 states-$8
Canada-$13

A couple of you wanted blank sills, they will cost as follows:
sedan-$45
coupe-$30

If you want chrome-$15 extra
I haven't checked on black chrome, but with the TL guys it was looking to be an extra $100.

These sills go on over the stock plastic sills. They are stick on. They use zero thickness tape which is basically a very thin tape. The tape is very thin so that the sill does not stick up really high and so the tape is not visible. You basically line the sill up and then press it down. However I believe the adhesive is strong, so make sure you line it up right the first time.

Prototypes should be done by tomorrow, and then we can get their fitment verified.

MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS ON THE LIST AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD. IF IT IS NOT, POST IN THE NAMES LIST THREAD WITH YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AND WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU HAVE, OR PM ME.

More updates to come.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
asianlegend said:

Ok, let me get a few things straight here:

A) I noticed one user changed his order, should I go ahead and tell you definitely what I want. Cuz, I thought we were waiting for the manufacturer to contact us (or we contact him) and then tell him/her what we want, right?

B) Can we put anything else besides the word 'LEGEND' or no words on it? If so, what is the maximum letter length?

C) What kind of font will the word LEGEND be used with? Is it similar to the MR2 one that Thai.95LCoupe posted here?

D) Ok, so, let me get this straight depending on the quantity of secured orders we get through this thread, the cost would be:
- Brushed Aluminum - $50-$75/set
- Chrome - $80-$105/set
- Black Chrome - $125-$175/set
** And a set is defined as 2 for Coupe and 4 for Sedans? **

E) The metal quality of these sills, is it a relatively thin metal, that can easily bend? Is it a relatively thick strong metal, but not heavy? Is it that die-cast metal crap? Cuz, it's easy to have die-cast metal and make it look like Chrome or Black Chrome. I definitely wouldn't want to ay $80-$175/set for Chrome or Black Chrome for something as cheapy as Die-Cast Metal.

F) Will the prototype be 1 of each version available - Brushed Aluminum, Chrome, and Black Chrome OR is it just 1 version (i.e. Brushed Alumnimum OR ....) ???
A) I will let you guys know when to call in your order. I will give you all the info you need to do that. The few guys that want something outside of the group buy (chrome, diff. lettering, etc...) will let AP know what they want when they call in. I will not handle your money or your orders. It is easier that I have everyone go through the company, similar to the leather group buy. BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN TO CALL IN, THE PHONE NUMBER, AND WHAT INFO YOU NEED. DON'T WORRY.

B) The group buy is having the word LEGEND on the sill in the OEM font, this is what we are getting a price break on. Yes you can have different lettering. You can have as many letters put on as will fit on the Inspire styled sill. However, because you are not getting the group buy style, it will cost you more money. The engraver will charge you by the letter. I will get pricing for different lettering if you want. Also, as I said in my post above, you can get blank sills with no lettering.

C)As I said in the very first post of this thread, and in the styles thread we did a couple of weeks ago, we are going with brushed aluminum Inspire style sills with the word LEGEND in OEM font, which is the font at the very top left of the screen where it says ACURA-LEGEND.COM.

D) I have listed the pricing above. A set consists of all 4 sills for the sedan and both sills for the coupe. The sills will be brushed aluminum.
Chrome plating, different lettering, or black chrome is money ON TOP of the group price that I listed.

E) The metal is, well, aluminum, that is why it is called brushed aluminum. ;) It will be a thinner metal, however if it were thicker it would stick higher up on the stock sill and it wouldn't look right. Having a big, thick slab of metal mounted under your door would look stupid and would interfere with closing your door, you see? The company used to do them thicker but found that thinner sills look better and are more functional. However, Leon and Hate Me Now are the guys we are working with in Atlanta so the company can get measurments from them and verify fitment. This week hopfully we can get the fitment verified. When Leon and Hate go to get fitment done they will verify the quality of the sills then report back to me. So, rest assured, we are not buying these sills without verifying quality. I would never have you guys buy something if the quality wasn't checked.

F) The purpose of the prototype is just to make sure the sills fit right and so that the company can take the sills to the engraver so the engraver can give the company its estimate on pricing for engraving, which then of course determines the price the company charges us. When the real sills are made, they are made to the same size and specs as the prototype, but if you want chrome or black chrome or whatever then they are just plated with it.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
banel said:
Amen to that. So leon you'll pick mine at the same time you get your or we ride there together.
Oh yeah, that is another thing. Any guys who want to go down and pick there sills up themselves and save on shipping $$$ can do that. When I have you guys phone in orders, let them know you want to pick them up yourselves.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is the brushed aluminum going to look like the pic below with the chrome center with engraving like the pic? Or will I have to ask for that when I order?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is going to look like what we discussed in the styles thread. It will be brushed aluminum with LEGEND in the OEM font, which is what the ACURA-LEGEND.COM is at the top left corner of the screen. The pic you showed doesn't look like the letters are chrome, but it is hard to tell. If you want your sill to be chrome, you can request it as such but it will cost more. The sills should look like the sill below only with our lettering on it:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
infinite said:
It is going to look like what we discussed in the styles thread. It will be brushed aluminum with LEGEND in the OEM font, which is what the ACURA-LEGEND.COM is at the top left corner of the screen. The pic you showed doesn't look like the letters are chrome, but it is hard to tell. If you want your sill to be chrome, you can request it as such but it will cost more. The sills should look like the sill below only with our lettering on it:

so any word on when this will be finished?
-j

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah I'm getting ready to pace, and hopefully I'll still have the money still laying around when we're ready to get'em. Those of us with families & homes aren't able to wait too long on these types of things, I'm trying to hang in before I have to pull out on this.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RenoG said:
Yeah I'm getting ready to pace, and hopefully I'll still have the money still laying around when we're ready to get'em. Those of us with families & homes aren't able to wait too long on these types of things, I'm trying to hang in before I have to pull out on this.
These things take time. If you need to pull out then pull out. We started from scratch on this, you know? We went from a measurment phase to a test fitment phase, and then hopefully by monday to the order phase. These aren't just sitting around some wharehouse waiting to be shipped, these are being made to order. I can't snap my fingers and make things happen faster. Believe me, $70 is no small bit of change for me either, but to have this product to me is worth the wait. If you have patience you will have a great product. Hopefully I can have everyone call in orders soon. You know, we have been steadily moving forward. I post updates and/or answer questions every other day, usually everyday I answer questions.If you never heard from me, then maybe you could worry. We have been moving forward the process, from me gathering the lists, to contacting the company, to setting up meetings with my ATL guys and the company. There really have been no lag periods where nothing was happening. So, basically if you can hold on, great, if not then do what you need to do for your family and home.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aiznpride said:

so any word on when this will be finished?
-j
Prototypes will be finished this week, then Leon and Hate will verify fitment, then next week I can start having you guys call in. The coupe sills are what are taking the longest since they have rounded parts that need to be precisely made. Like I said, these aren't already manufactured and sitting in some wharehouse waiting for us, they are being made from scratch. I don't know about you guys, but I would rather not have some rush job done on these and end up getting crap for a product. Once you call in your order, which I will make a thread for and give all you guys the info you need, then all you have to do is sit back and wait for delivery.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Thanks Infinite. I will hold on cause I to want these babies just as much as the next person they look very good from looking at the picture and I trust that these will be well worth the wait, so no I'm not asking anyone to rush. Things are just getting a little tight thats all, but I can hang on to 70 or so dollars a little longer.

Also while I'm at it I would like to say 'Thank you' for making this happen for us Legend folk, the time and effort to organize and coordinate all this and the constant contact is greatly appreciated.:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RenoG said:
Thanks Infinite. I will hold on cause I to want these babies just as much as the next person they look very good from looking at the picture and I trust that these will be well worth the wait, so no I'm not asking anyone to rush. Things are just getting a little tight thats all, but I can hang on to 70 or so dollars a little longer.

Also while I'm at it I would like to say 'Thank you' for making this happen for us Legend folk, the time and effort to organize and coordinate all this and the constant contact is greatly appreciated.:) :) :)
Hey, I can definitely understand things getting tight. I am trying to get 3 months ahead on all my bills because I am facing a layoff on May 3rd. So you know, I am right there with ya. :)

Don't thank me yet. Once people start getting their sills in I am going to start a new thread and see if everyone is happy with their product and how the group buy was run. I want to make sure that everyone is satisfied. I hope everyone will be happy, but we will see. ;) I have the ATL guys verifying quality (Leon and Hate), but things are unpredictable and in the end you guys may end up sending out a lynch mob for me instead of thanking me. :D

G

·
Yeah infinite you get the biggest thumbs up on this one... From scratch to now in the woks good job brother... I jut hope I dont scratch these puppies getting in an out of the coupe one day w/ my boots or scuff them with my sneakers...:eek: :mad:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
infinite said:

Prototypes will be finished this week, then Leon and Hate will verify fitment, then next week I can start having you guys call in. The coupe sills are what are taking the longest since they have rounded parts that need to be precisely made. Like I said, these aren't already manufactured and sitting in some wharehouse waiting for us, they are being made from scratch. I don't know about you guys, but I would rather not have some rush job done on these and end up getting crap for a product. Once you call in your order, which I will make a thread for and give all you guys the info you need, then all you have to do is sit back and wait for delivery.
thanx. that's fine. i just wanted to know if things were moving on this unlike some other group buys that may have just died out in the past. as long as things are moving, i'm fine with that.
-j

1 - 20 of 141 Posts