Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Helm's manuals and parts on the same day and guess which got here first. Good ole parts. I replaced the rear tranny mount last night and I'm in the process of replacing the bellows (rubber boot) on the power steering rack, but I need some help from someone with a Helms manual.

Would someone please look at their Helms and tell me where Honda P/N 53536-SP0-000 H1C16 goes? It is a round part with a 1/8" lip on one side and a couple tabs on the other side. It either goes inside the powersteering rack boot or over the outside of the boot after the coiled up clip is placed over the outboard end of the boot. Then again, maybe it is just a tool to help get the coiled up clip installed on the outboard end of the boot.

Anyway I would greatfully appreciate it if someone could look at their Helm's and let me know soon while I start on the other side.
Thank you very much!
Pat

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, but thanks anyway...

I ended up using the same parts that I pulled off, except new boots and tie-wraps around the inboard part of the boot. Trying to get those metal bands on are a major PITA! Hopefully the tie-wraps will last, but I will keep an eye on them.

Now I know what to put on my b-day list, a metal band crimping tool! :)

Thanks!
Pat

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Triton3K said:
sorry I got to your post late but glad to see that it all worked out.
No problem, I was squirming on Saturday, but I'm over it now. I'll sure be glad when I get the manuals. I'm 90% sure I didn't need that extra tie rod washer on the outboard end of the boot, but I'd still like to see a pic of it in the book.

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Helm manual

Where do you guys buy your Helm's manual? I've been searching and found Helm's site but it's only for dealers? HELP! I NEED ONE FOR MINE!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Helm manual

I just got mine from the helm website and I'm not a dealer! Follow this link:Helm

Ordering was a piece of cake and you can track you order off the site so you can camp out and wait for the UPS guy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what to tell you about which manual/supplement to purchase. I'd recommend calling and talking to someone at Helm.

Get ready for a wait too after ordering your manuals. I found out last Thursday (after ordering 2 weeks earlier) that 3 of the 4 manuals I ordered were 'print on demand' items which means they won't ship for 3-4 weeks from the day I originally ordered them. It wouldn't have chapped me if I was told that the day I ordered the manuals. Instead I was told 7-10 business days. Oh well... They did say they will ship them express/priority (or whatever) without additional shipping costs. Bottom line is I will get them when I see them because there really is no alternative. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts