Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing indiglos today. But after dicking around with the trim piece in front of the gauges for over an hour, I give up. What in da hell am I doing wrong? I have been prying with my hands, a screw driver, butter knife.......sticking crap in there to hold one side while I pry on the other, etc....and I still can't get this trim piece off. I feel like just snapping the **** thing in two.

I took out the two screws underneath, but is there any more? I know there are wires connected to this thing, but I cant get the thing out far enough to get my hand behind there.......I need help bad. I am missing the cook-out today and everything.

Ghost

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK... Fu(&#$ Muth*(#$&. This is bulls**t! My whole day is gone fu*%#$)$g around with those Indiglos! I never even got the trim piece off and my fingers hurt like sh*t.

INDIGLOS 4 SALE. Matter of fact........If you live near me, you will find them in da dumpster outside my building! Wasted my whole day with this crap!

Ghost

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Stick with stock.
With the posts I've seen regarding Indiglos, it almost doesnt even seem worth it (people ****in up their clusters)..

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am going to explan this from memory, so if its a bit off, please someone let me know!

1. There is a screw BEHIND the plastic piece for the optional switches (left of the wheel).
2. There is another one below the hood release switch.
3. There is one on the right side under the wheel ( I THINK)

4. After removing the lower panel, you remove the two screws that go directly up into the gauge pod. After this, I believe you can remove the pod itself and disconnect all the wires.

I am REALLY tired right now, so if I missed something someone post and let me know.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Sh0ck3d said:
I am going to explan this from memory, so if its a bit off, please someone let me know!

1. There is a screw BEHIND the plastic piece for the optional switches (left of the wheel).
2. There is another one below the hood release switch.
3. There is one on the right side under the wheel ( I THINK)

4. After removing the lower panel, you remove the two screws that go directly up into the gauge pod. After this, I believe you can remove the pod itself and disconnect all the wires.

I am REALLY tired right now, so if I missed something someone post and let me know.
For #4, those two screw on each side of the steering column go intothe balck plastic bezal trim. Those are the only screws that hold that plastic piece in, the restis just metal clips. After you remove the trim, you can then remove the 4 screws that hold the cluster in place.

Sh0ck3d, I really don't know what could be causing your problem. While the trim held in tightly if this is the first time removing it, after you remove those two screws it really should just snap out with some force. Are you sure you remove the right two screws from under the trim? It might be possible that you removed a screw that was actually part of the dash, and still have the screws that hold the trim in place yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.