Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car suffers from an occasional non-start. I can be driving for 1/2 hour, pull up at a gas station, turn off the engine to fill-up, then bam. I turn the key to get going and absolutely nothing happens. No clicking, no starter turnover, silence. Sometimes it will start after several tries, sometimes it will start if I let the car sit for 30 minutes, sometimes (and sometimes not) jump-starting will help.

Many talk about replacing the "main relay." Can someone explain specifically what relay is being referenced, what the relay does, where specifically it is located in a G1 Legend, how I would know if mine is bad, and whether it is something I can replace on my own?

Thanks bunches, in advance.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
... like I said in the other thread.. do you mean the PGM-FI relay?

I think it's located under the dash area. Don't take my word for it, wait till someone comes along who knows. My car had also done this before (the G1). BUT... it did it a lot less after I changed the fuel filter. Don't know why, it's always turned on after 1 min or 2. Might be temp related with the relay (when it starts going bad)...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Its time for you to get you sencor changed!!!!do your engine light stay on when you turn the key to on position before u start???? Is so take it to the dealer..thats the same thing that happened to mine!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts