Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you make it so that it doesn't hide the URL of the thread you are viewing, because sometimes it's nice to be able to send people the url of a specific thread. Plus I tried right clicking on The Legend Forum and saying open in new window, but when I try looking at lots of the treads it always pops up a security thing asking me yes or no, but at least I can see the url of the thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
URL hiding

I'm responding to the question you posted on the new Legend Forum about URL hiding. This is my teenage son's forum but he is out of town this long holiday weekend and not around to respond to questions.

We are in the process of moving the domain name "acura-legend.com" and "legend-forum.com." Right now it is in a frame at another host and pulling in the content from the forum, therefore each page does not show a different URL.

The owner of "acuralegend.com" (no dash) has also linked to our forum in this way, the frames format, so that each page appears to be on his site with no separate URLs. While we appreciate the link from him, we will have to ask him to stop linking that way once our domain is in place. We see the importance of each page having its own URL to be copied and pasted by others.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Re: URL hiding

dwhelan said:
I'm responding to the question you posted on the new Legend Forum about URL hiding. This is my teenage son's forum but he is out of town this long holiday weekend and not around to respond to questions.

We are in the process of moving the domain name "acura-legend.com" and "legend-forum.com." Right now it is in a frame at another host and pulling in the content from the forum, therefore each page does not show a different URL.

The owner of "acuralegend.com" (no dash) has also linked to our forum in this way, the frames format, so that each page appears to be on his site with no separate URLs. While we appreciate the link from him, we will have to ask him to stop linking that way once our domain is in place. We see the importance of each page having its own URL to be copied and pasted by others.
I let Matt know that I had closed my forums down so that the new users would know about these forums.
I apologize. I will discontinue the framing of this site.

·
Registered
16 Posts
URL hiding

Please don't discontinue sending the traffic, acuralegend. Matt was very excited and grateful you did this for everyone. Just change it to a plain link instead of framing it in and it should take care of everything.

Also, we DID have it incorrectly linked to the secure server, but we've changed that now, as you'll note when you click on acura-legend.com or legend-forum.com

Thanks

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

dwhelan said:
Please don't discontinue sending the traffic, acuralegend. Matt was very excited and grateful you did this for everyone. Just change it to a plain link instead of framing it in and it should take care of everything.

Exactly what I am doing now. :)

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts

dwhelan said:
Also, we DID have it incorrectly linked to the secure server, but we've changed that now, as you'll note when you click on acura-legend.com or legend-forum.com

Thanks
Thanks! That should take care of the security warning messages. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
This should be better.

Thanks, acuralegend, for taking your link out of the frames. If you'd like to change it again so it doesn't go to the secure server, just link instead to:

http://www.wystuba.ch/~legend-f/vbulletin/

Hopefully within a few days the domain will be moved so it will just be acura-legend.com/vbulletin

Thanks for your patience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That completely answers my question I think. I was just really concerned that this new forum would have some wierd address which would make it hard to get people to transfer over. The simpler it can be, the more users will migrate. I think that you guys have done a great job. The only other thing that I would like to see go is the red backround, it's killing my eyes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts