Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG!! I can't believe my eyes! Who would've thought, the USA in the round of 8 of the World Cup. I'm so happy, I think I'm going to have a party right now. Every American and USA fan should be proud right now! I love this game!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hell yeah! I thought that they would do well but not this well.........their first shutout since 1950 also! I hope that this tells them to cut Agoos, I always hated him.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hell Ya!!!!!!

By beating any Latin American country in soccer that is a feat in itself.
Those countries live, eat, drink-Football.

Goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This Rocks!

USA all the WAY!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know! awesome! though I was a bit turned off by all the booing team USA recieves, hopefully, when the next world cup comes around, we can acutally equal the opposing team in terms of fan turnout!!!

on the other side, I am glad China acutually made it into the finals this time, I remmeber when I used to live there, every time they would be fanatically supporting the chinese team, but they never made it...

so waht they were three and out...:)

now, if USA can beat germany...:eek:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
bing0 said:
I know! awesome! though I was a bit turned off by all the booing team USA recieves,
The Koreans were still mad over the Ice skating thing with Apollo Ono during The Winter Olympic.

To refresh: A korean skater shoved a US skater (Uno) during the home stretch to the finish line, the Korean skater got disqualified and Uno took home the gold.

I wanted to kick that Korean soccer player that did that liitle speed skating impression after he scored that goal against the US., unnecessary for a host country in my opinion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, I guess in a sense, cant blame em, soccer is about the only major world sport that the US is not good at, now that we are getting good, wahts the world gonna do? :p

now, all we need is a american formula one champion again...its been like what, 40 years since mario?

b

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
LoL

Most of my family was totally divided on this game, my parents being both from Mexico (came here about 20 years ago), and I being born here in Los Angeles. Wow, what a decision.

I'm an avid supporter of my country and in all their sports, but when it came to this game, I was actually hoping Mexico would win. Why?

Because, the fanbase in the US for futbol is not very big, just a small amount, most people don't even watch soccer. Including myself, I don't see the point in going GO USA when I don't even watch it. I think Mexico deserved this game more, they seemed to come into the game a little over-confident, I believe that was their downfall, they didn't play at all like the other games they played.

·
Registered
671 Posts
future - you may be right about the fanbase here in the u.s., but take a moment tho think what that victory will create in the future in terms of a fanbase... this team is creating history right now, just as american soccer is taking off as a viable national sport. it started getting some attention here in the u.s. when the world cup was here in '94, and has only gained in terms of poularity since then. with the increase in attention since '94, and now this team doing so well, it is doing *huge* things for american soccer in the sense that it is drawing more kids to the sport like happens in other countries (like mexico and all of the european countries). i think it was more than just a victory for the u.s. team, it was a *huge* attention getter for american soccer.

wally

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Re: Germany:USA Football

Yes, I can't believe my eyes too, that we win the game Germany-USA 1:0.

USA was definitively the best in her technique and her performance. That we won the game, was ONLY LUCK !!!
USA was absolute the better team !!!

Mike / Cologne

One of the favorite was Mc Bride ! An excellent player.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts