Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying the I-pod to head unit kit fairly soon and I was wondering if there would be a way to be able to keep the function of the CD changer still.

Would it be possible to "make" a new plug that connects both the CD changer wire and the Ipod interface wire into the back of the head unit?

From that point would there be a way to connect a switch somewhere that gives power to one wire or the other?

Sorry if this completely impossible, it was just a thought! haha

·
Spiral descent
5,040 Posts
Once upon a time, I came across a site selling a box that has two inputs. One for the changer and 2 rca inputs and it auto-switched to whichever one had sound. Not sure what it does when both are playing though.
Anyway, since then I think I remember coming across another one you manually flip a switch on. I think it was around $50-$60.

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
are you talking about something like the Blitzsafe unit? It lets you add an ipod and keep your CD changer functional. So guys on hear can tell you more about it but its been proven true.

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
$150 ?? Do some surfing buddy. More like 80 anywhere. maybe you were thinking of the ones listed for Satellite radio as well. Check it out and maybe if might be what your looking for. Otherwise it sounds like your looking for a simple splitter or some kind that you can just toggle b/t CD or Ipod right? If only it were that easy.

-prominance1-

·
Registered
175 Posts
Actually, the one that I am selling, or rather sold to you, has a blitzsafe logo on it so perhaps it will allow you to do it all; the previous owner of my Legend had it in there and it worked perfectly (I never got back there to bother with trying to get both the iPod and CD changer to work because I do not have an iPod). I will look it again but I am pretty sure that it is the blitzsafe thing you are talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.