Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that Venom makes a module for the g1, the part # is v10-131. I was wondering if anyone has one, and if it is worth the $.

·
Registered
583 Posts
C25A1guy said:
Doesn't Venom make a performance ECU for us? I thought I saw it on nopi.
Nope. They make a hella expensive stand alone ECU which is fully programmable from a laptop...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bukowski=Legend said:
getting mine in a couple weeks. will let you know if you can wait that long.
did you get the venom 400 in yet? just found it on nopi and then found this thread....very interested to hear what that thing can do!:)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
how much is this setup?

I do not see the price online.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I just saw that list!

The list has our cars! Thats great.
I would buy it just because the are compatable for our cars! That is a must if your going to NOPI! Whether its on/off.

A way of saying Thanks to venom Company!

·
Registered
583 Posts
got it.
installed according to (almost vague) instructions.
light doesn't come on (at all).
checked continuity of all connections.
Emailed Venom at their website on 4 days ago, w/no response.
calling the (pay) tech line on monday to get things straight.

Got mine from www.summitracing.com .

note to any who plan a website: DON'T offer email if you are not able to answer it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That links somehow makes sense to me!

I di dnot read all of it but it makes sense.
Venom even admits loosing gas mileage per gallon!

·
Registered
583 Posts
ok, so then the factory was sandbagging?
somehow, I doubt it.
for the V400 to show more HP at any given rpm, it would have to work.
if it didn't the factory could make the exact same curve as the V400, just by pressing the gas pedal harder (like they were just kinda pressing it durning the test :) )
It doesn't make sense to me. If any factory was doing a hp/tq curve, doesn't it make sense that they would want the best numbers (ie, press the gas down)? I mean, that's what sells performance cars is hp/tq.
It may not be a 25% boost in hp in the range, and it may take a little more gas (kinda like pressing the gas pedal) but, it has been around for awhile. If it didn't work at all, it would be slammed worse than someone posting about a "Tornado"...

·
Registered
20 Posts
did you get yours running? still interested in hearing first hand if it's worth giving a shot

·
Registered
583 Posts
calling in the morn. got busy today. still haven't answered Email... TURDS I SAY, even if it does work...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts