Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone themselves cut that compartment in the rear deck to vent the trunk? i was thinking about doing it and wondering if anyone else has. Also does anyone know where to get speaker grill from to put over the hole? thanks alot.

--cody

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I didn't cut it myself, but had the shop cut it for me. It may be difficult to cut it yourself without some serious cutting tool. They used an airsaw.

They also built me a custom cover for the hole.

·
Registered
602 Posts
In my current sub project I just cut a whole in the back deck- a big one at that. You can use tinsnips to do it but it makes a lil messy edge. You can get a wooden frame or something and just cover it with cloth. Good luck with that.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I cut directly under the center pocket for my 10" AP sub system. I'm not done yet, but I simply used those hand held sheet metal snip things. I did have an electric one, but the rear glass and the size of the tool made it easier with the hand held tool. That was for the rough cut. I used a dremel tool with the appropriate cutting bits and sanding/grinding bits to smooth it out. I'm not even 100% done doing that :( I haven't had a chance to add a speaker grill over yet, so I can't offer anything there. The metal is fairly thin, so it is not hard to cut at all.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i used and air saw to cut a 5 in hole under the campartment in the deck. then i ripped the compartment out but left the frame of it alone. after that, i went to radio shack and bought speaker grill cloth and wrapped the frame up. lookds really good. as far as functionality, i don't know if it made any difference because i'm running the subs in a sealed box. i know it makes a big differenct in a ported box though.
-j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.