Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 GS with a spoilier and my trunk is very heavy, not nessarly alot of weight but no support, when im on a slant it wont even stay open by itself it dosent seem to be supported with a spring loaded device or however it should. anyone else with a spoilier have this problem???? my friends legend isnt like this but he dosent have the spoilier. any ideas????

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If you put an aftermarket spoiler, I believe they sell re-inforcements for those cases. Wait till someone with a wing comes along...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
You need to install some heavy duty trunk springs, the dealer sells those. Don't know the price off the top of my head.

Also the OEM wing comes with the springs as a package.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
yep, trunk springs. I have a coupe with an OEM spoiler and it drops when open sometimes. The wind mostly causes. The acura dealer charger 100 buck or so installed last I check.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The OEM trunk torsion springs for the spoiler application is approx. $30 at discount. Then add cost (<.50hr) to have them installed. Unless you have installed trunk torsion bars before, have a bodyshop install. You could seriously hurt yourself.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The torsion springs for the spoiler application may be ordered from Acura of Augusta 1-800-736-6818. On the 1991-92 vehicles, there are two positions on the trunk hinge. I'm not sure if the 93-95s are similar. The lower position will work. The higher position will take your teeth out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts