Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '89 L coupe (manual trans, 180,000 miles) has started vibrating when accelerating at about 30-35 MPH. Can't tell if it's coming from the R or L, but it's definitely coming from the front of the car. Vibration goes away after 35 MPH, and doesn't happen under 30 MPH.

I don't think it's a tire balance issue, because when coasting at 30-35 MPH, I don't get the vibration - it's only while accelerating.

About 2 years / 30K miles ago the CV joints went bad on one of my axles (creaking sound when turning), so I had both axles replaced with remanufactured units, and haven't had any CV-type problems since.

I replaced the front rotors with Brembo's fairly recently, but I don't see how that would cause a vibration while accelerating...

What are the possible causes?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the same issue after having my CV axels replaced with remanufactured parts...they were warped and thus creating vibrations. With the car up on the rack you could see the darn things wobbling like crazy when accelerating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.