Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a vibration right around 1400 RPM, and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm in or out of gear, moving or still, loaded or not. I've heard here that it could be a head gasket or a rear trans mount (or?). I've ruled out the head gasket. My question is if the mount on a 5-spd is as vulnerable to failing as the automatic?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
i think i remember someone saying that our cars "just kind of do that" around the low RPMs... anyone- feel free to correct me if i'm wrong...

-z

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think I've heard that too, although I've never been able to verify it by driving another one. But I have a tough time swallowing that one, and here's why - What did these cars cost in 1991? Something like $30k maybe? I have a bottom feeder '91 Civic, a car that cost a third of what the Legend did and in my case has more miles on it, with what is normally a much rougher running 4 cylinder engine, but yet it runs smoother than my Legend under all conditions. I'm sure I could be wrong, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. What is everyone else's experience? If you reply, please state how many miles are on your car so I can determine if it might be related to high miles.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
The consensus is : they just do that.
I've posted previously on this - questioning if they really did that new off the lot - all the replies I've heard say it's a known issue with the 3.2Lv6 and there's no fix.

To be specific an engine vibration in a narrow rpm band (resonance) somewhere between 1000-1500 rpm (mine is at about 1250, I noticed it more because it tickles a tail pipe rattle..

mine = 1992 LS, 111K, all stock.

The tranny mount may indeed be bad and should be replaced -it will fix some other sloppiness - but not the vibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.