Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to race me. He has a 1991 Vigor Auto and I have a 1987 Legend Coupe Auto. They are both completely stock. What are my prospects? Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
vigor stock has more hp (175, i think). I think your legend has 161 (could be wrong), and it is heavier. However, if yours is manual, and his is auto, you should be able to beat him. If they are the same, he will probably win. Get some upgrades in their, and you might be able to win.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They don't call the vigor the "legend's little brother" for nothing. Show your boy who "BIG BROTHER" really is. Isn't the vigor (and I almost am scared to say it)... a 5 cylinder?:confused: . Give it a whirl with the V-6, I would!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
A guy I know tried to argue me down and said that the vigor had 230hp, I told him to shut the f$#k up because he didnt know what he was talking about and went on to say that the vigor costed more and was more powerful than the Legend. I told his dumb ass that the Type 1 Legends had 200hp and the Type 2 had 230hp not the f#&king vigor. And the sad thing about it is that the guy is a mechanic. How sad is that.

·
Registered
507 Posts
G1 legends have 161 hp, NOT 200. sorry. And my freind has a vigor, and that thing does have some balls. It'll be tight.

G

·
I'm not sure on the weight specs, but like the other guys said the vigor has more raw hp so unless the Legend is lighter I think that it would be neck and neck but the vigor would probably just barely pull. I'm pretty sure that if anything the vigor is probably geared for low end.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Off the line the Vigor is quick, the car has the tourqe you can easily spend the wheels I use to all the time in my old Vigor so it will be close the car dosent have much top end its a low in car so if you take this race to a track (like you should) that has the length for a nice race you should be able to get him maybe hehe......

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
looks like

the legend is alot lighetr but hey u never know cause it dont say but lets suport the legend gop for it foooooo :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I've recently had a run in with a vigor on the highway. I have no idea what year it was but I noticed it had an exhaust.
We raced from 60 to about 120 and the vigor just couldn't hang. The vigor was probably an auto- but not sure.

Esti

1 - 14 of 14 Posts