Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Yeah, the Vigor is much lighter than the Legend and it has 5 cylinders. A manual version of the vigor is actually very fast. One of my younger bros friends parents owns a 5 speed Vigor, and when he turns 16 the car will be his. I'll make sure to post a report. Too bad it will probably take him a while to learn how to shift properly. That makes it kinda tough to compare cars when you have a manual car, because so much of it depends on the driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
kinda think of the Vigor as the 3 series, and the Legend kinda like the 5 series,

The Vigor has a 2.5L SOHC 5-cyl
HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]
0-62.5 8.0 sec(Man.) 8.6 sec(auto)
1/4 mile 16.0 sec(Man.) 16.5 sec(auto)
Curb 3172 lbs(Man.) 3212 lbs(Auto.)

Thats what I have on it. Looks like a mini Legend. Now that I got mine, my dad is thinkin about a vigor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
The vigor is a nice car.... my friend bought one back in october, and apart from the fact that it had been "riced", it was not too bad.

All the vigor is is a really sooped up accord..... put them side by side and they are identicle. Same with the 3.2 TL and the new accord... looks are very close side by side.

They just have the biigger motors, and the interior is leather, bose, and a few other goodies over the accord.
 

·
I'van der Rohe
Joined
·
12,803 Posts
actually the vigor is way better than the accord. thats kind of insulting to put them in the same catagory. people put the Legend down by saying all it is, is an accord with different body panels. that offends me. Vigors are very well engineered cars, not putting the accord down because it is still a honda with all honda engineering and beautiful styling for its time (to me). but its nowhere near as asthetically pleasing or mechanically astounding as Vigor. i would not even consider an accord worthy of. being in put in the same sentence as vigor(notice the period). think of Vigor as Legends Little brother rather than Accords twin. Very distinct differences.


one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
The Vigor is an interesting car, when you see pictures of it on the internet, you are not easily impressed by it. However, in person, it is actually very impressive, I've seen 3 Vigors, in person up close. They're smaller, but they have that "I'm the Legend's little brother" appeal to it. The car is solid all around, it looks pretty good in person. The only feature I would have changed on the Vigor is the front grille, it doesn't seem to blend as well as other parts of the car. I guess the Vigor, would have been the father of the TL 2.5Ls. Seeing as they are both 5-cylinder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
actually the vigor is way better than the accord. thats kind of insulting to put them in the same catagory. people put the Legend down by saying all it is, is an accord with different body panels. that offends me. Vigors are very well engineered cars, not putting the accord down because it is still a honda with all honda engineering and beautiful styling for its time (to me). but its nowhere near as asthetically pleasing or mechanically astounding as Vigor. i would not even consider an accord worthy of. being in put in the same sentence as vigor(notice the period). think of Vigor as Legends Little brother rather than Accords twin. Very distinct differences.

one...
Note how I did not compare performance and between the two.... simply an obvious visual comparison of the body, interior and motor. Even the used car guides say that the vigor is a way overpriced accord, and for less money you can get a virtually identicle car... being the fully loaded accord, which rivals in reliability with any acura/honda car. Performance is obviously better with the vigor, and so are options.... you get what you pay for.

:)
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
actually the vigor is way better than the accord. thats kind of insulting to put them in the same catagory. people put the Legend down by saying all it is, is an accord with different body panels. that offends me. Vigors are very well engineered cars, not putting the accord down because it is still a honda with all honda engineering and beautiful styling for its time (to me). but its nowhere near as asthetically pleasing or mechanically astounding as Vigor. i would not even consider an accord worthy of. being in put in the same sentence as vigor(notice the period). think of Vigor as Legends Little brother rather than Accords twin. Very distinct differences.

one...
You have to remember that when people say the Legend is just an Accord with different pannels, they are totally wrong since the Legend and Accord DO NOT share the same chassis/platform. I believe the Vigor; however, is based on the Accord platform. I could be wrong on this part though.

Some Acura Technicians will disagree with you on the engineering of the Vogr. At least in the engine department. While I personally have nothing agaist the Vigor myself, there have been more than 1 Acura Tech who have complained and sent worf of warning about the engines 5 cylinder engine found in the Vigor and TL. Now, I have never owned one so I can't say for sure, but since they are fixing the same problems, I figure it holds some truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:


Note how I did not compare performance and between the two.... simply an obvious visual comparison of the body, interior and motor. Even the used car guides say that the vigor is a way overpriced accord, and for less money you can get a virtually identicle car... being the fully loaded accord, which rivals in reliability with any acura/honda car. Performance is obviously better with the vigor, and so are options.... you get what you pay for.

:)
This is true but you can also compare torque ratings if you want...show me an accord with 170lbs of torque. Anytime you build a inline motor (3 and 4 bangers excluded) you'll have good torque numbers, you have all cylinders firing in the same direction and it gives you more torque, the V pattern motor where the cylinders fire opposingly is more balanced and allows for more high end power (which is why the legend will take the Vigor on the high end) it all depends on what you like....if you want to see more on the inline motors and the power outputs you should check into the Nissan Z cars from the 70's and 80's, the torque output from those inline 6's are right up there if not past the HP numbers, you dont see that as much in V pattern motors (unless youre talking V8's...thats just brute force there) but in comparison a inline 8 from back in the day (1930s and such) now those had some torque :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Yeah, that was my first Acura the Vigor, boy did my wife and l love that car, very quick and solid, who ever compares the car to a honda obviously never drivin one the car is unique and it has tons of charactor and detail more so then the interior of my Legend. If the Vigor wasn't so small inside I would have never traded it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
One thing I did not like about the one that my friend bought was how loud the stupid thing was.... it sounded almost sick:rolleyes: kind of like a tank. I am not sure about other ones, but that really stood out to me over the legend, being too quiet for my liking at times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
ChrisK said:


You have to remember that when people say the Legend is just an Accord with different pannels, they are totally wrong since the Legend and Accord DO NOT share the same chassis/platform. I believe the Vigor; however, is based on the Accord platform. I could be wrong on this part though.
Correct. The Vigor shared the same platform with the European Accord, which was 4-5 inches longer than the NA Accord.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top