Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, Just wanted to say the LEGEND KICKS ASS... LOL

My Legend seems to love more pedal pressure when starting from a stop... Is it illegal to accelerate very quickly to the speed limit? Hehe...I'm probably going to end up with some very bad mpg!

·
Registered
702 Posts
in most states it is not illegal so long as you don't spin or screech your tires. it's not a good idea to do in front of a cop tho to floor it and pass him, haha. but simply if speed limit is 45, you can floor it till you get to 45, but not spin tires! :D

my opinion on things is simply: it's not illegal so long as a cop (or a freakin' camera these days) doesn't see you :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
A friend of mine got an "exhibition of speed" ticket while racing an Integra a few months ago. Fine was $400 (damn Cali fines) and no traffic school, etc to get it removed as it is considered reckless driving. I think he was going about 50-55 in a 45 MPH zone. Three cops pulled out of a mall parking lot as he was going by. Needless to say...both cars were pulled over. Like DaTimez said, as long as you don't screech or appear to be racing or showing off, you should be OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts