Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, is this VSS related, or am I going to have another problem too?

-So far my VSS has caused the speedometer to act haywire twice, never for more than 6seconds. One time during each of the last two weeks.

Last night, I was driving with some friends to go see Blade2. Well on my way there, my speedo was not acting up. I was driving in D3 when my D4 light started blinking (no difference felt in car). When we got to the theatre I didn't have time to check it, I figured I would check it when we got out or back home (Check Engine Light Didn't Come On) Anyways, once we got out it wasn't blinking anymore.

What's going on?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew, what a relief! I thought something else might be wrong too. I noticed some say D3 blinks when VSS goes out, mine D4 was blinking, do we know what the differences are?

There are no codes in the computer right now (because It's not blinking I suppose) =/

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Codes are stored sometimes without the engine light or tranny lights blinking....

But I have heard that you should fix your VSS before it goes really wacky because it messes other things up. That is what I have read anyways.... not sure if its true because I changed mine right away.:confused:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I found the service connector, and I did the paper-clip thing, no codes showed up in the ON position, so I guess it didn't store it.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The D4 indicator lamp will blink, not the D3 when a problem is detected. You could also pull the No. 15 fuse for about 20 seconds and reinstall (to reset system), then drive for several minutes over 30mph and recheck for any stored codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts