Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car SOUNDS like it has Vtech, I know it does'nt. My car was silent until I got an intake and took off the silencer. Now when I punch it, it sounds normal until I hit 4000 RPM and the motor gets much louder. It sounds like a very deep G35 or 350z motor, I love it. I know Legends dont have vtech and I dont have the money to drop in a NSX motor. I'll try to get a video clip of the tach while driving, its very noticable from inside and outside the car. Did anyone else notice this?

· Registered
3,012 Posts

· Registered
4,086 Posts
FlipLegend said:
Technically, no car has vtech because that's a telephone company.
funny guy...

Fees shorty fees...

Mine is just loud. If you have just an intake it is noticable, but if you have exhaust they should cancel each other out somewhat.

latta

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Who wants to fast in a Leggy anyway? The slower you go, the more the hos notice ya! :)

"Drive slow homie. Drive slow homie. Pump ya brakes and drive slow homie" - Paul Wall

· Banned
3,429 Posts
92drls said:
My car SOUNDS like it has Vtech, I know it does'nt. My car was silent until I got an intake and took off the silencer. Now when I punch it, it sounds normal until I hit 4000 RPM and the motor gets much louder. It sounds like a very deep G35 or 350z motor, I love it. I know Legends dont have vtech and I dont have the money to drop in a NSX motor. I'll try to get a video clip of the tach while driving, its very noticable from inside and outside the car. Did anyone else notice this?
you wouldnt be able to drop in an NSX motor anyway

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
Daddymac117 said:
its not VTEC, its the VIS (Variable Intake System) which was pretty much the predecessor to VTEC. It uses 3 butterfly valves in the intake manifold instead of an extra camshaft. Its not similar to VTEC, but pretty much serves the same purpose.

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59184
Actually VTEC has nothing to do with a second cam. It is all hydraulic and controled by a solenoid attached to the side of the head. Some of the mid 90's civics are VTEC and SOHC.

· Registered
8,330 Posts
yo my legend got mad Vtak!!!!!!!!!!!!! when it downsifts, its really loud and I hear gears grinding cuz the tranny cant handle the powa and black smoke pours outta the my fart can to tell me i have hit mad Vtak!!!!!! I should try adding some NOZZZZZZZZZZ to my Legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111one one one1111111111one111one one

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.