Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my improvised but totally 100% kick ass rear strut system (kinda)
it makes a extreemly noticable difference

1.get 1" steel emt pipe rigid if u want to but the galv stuff is fine
2.get a metal working surface such as in my case an anville and sun hammers
3.get 2 harened steel bolts washers and nuts
4.get the wire feed out
5.begg your buddy to weld for you cuz u dont kno how lol (me i sorta can but not like a pro)
6.(SRIP YOUR TRUNK ) as you will be welding and slagg messes up carpet fast
7.look on either side on the floor by the tail lights and you may see plastic 1inch pluggs remove thos witch will reveal your acual bumpers mounting bolts
8.cut the pipe in half then check fit i think i took 4 inches off each half of a ten foot stick
9.lay a bar from the rear most bumper mounting bolt diaganaly fom thereto the opposite sid up to the shroud of sheat metal that houses the rear shock towers i did mine over the wheel wells arch at the top mock it up and yopu should have an "x" shape
10.double check measurement and leave a little overall extra length cuz you will be slightly bending it witch subtracts length
11. flatten 2-2-1/4 of an inch of each end of the two pipes
12. you will have to figure this one out yourself cuz i can shape metal well
but mock up again with flattened ends and then begin bending
13.drill your holes in the centers of flattened ends after bends are made and the pipes sit flush you may have to bend one a tiny bit when you bolt on
14. remove bolts for rear bumper and place one bar inand bolt it hand tight
now put the nut centered on the hole in your new srut bar and the sheet metal and tack into place remove bar and weld nut on reapeat opposite side
15. wait for shit to cool down after welding i sripped a nut and had to weld one on top of it
16.bolt up and go test it on sum corners theass end will be stiff:bigok: :giggle: :giggle:
i am going to ad photos in this soon because if you dont have the cash and you want it to handle there is a way its called fabrication and imagination:p
my buddy wants to do that now instead of buying all that crap hit me up for questions comments or improvements to the idea

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way i still have pllllenty of trunk space, lets say 3 bodys maybey four hacked up and stacked neatly .....heh....well...yeah now about that stiffer ride...yeah...........:)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Gotta see pictures of this set up.

I think Fut's Rear Tie Bars, Addco rear sway bars etc may be more practical for this purpose and easier to install. If you wanted to fabricate something, I'd say rig up a brace for the rear struts that would mount to the upper shock mounts in the rear. Looks like you guys have the skills to manufacture something like that and you wouldn't have any problems selling them on here.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Gotta see pictures of this set up.

I think Fut's Rear Tie Bars, Addco rear sway bars etc may be more practical for this purpose and easier to install. If you wanted to fabricate something, I'd say rig up a brace for the rear struts that would mount to the upper shock mounts in the rear. Looks like you guys have the skills to manufacture something like that and you wouldn't have any problems selling them on here.
+100

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will get pics up in the next 24hrs or so i plan to do the strut on rear shock towers as well, i was just playing with the i dea and just those 2 bars made a huge difference it seems as the car huggs the road better. it is actualy so stiff that i hit a turn way to hard and fast and the car was skipping slightly but not uncontrollably accross the pavement but thats more of a traction problem as i got stock wheels and tires with upgraded suspension and those bars :) i figure sum 17x7" wheels with nice tires will change that factor, also new bushings in tha front make nice and stiff:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i fabbed and produced a refined and simplified bolt on assy. would anyone want to purchace? we can paint the bars any color and we can make em outa any steel tubing you want.i used some cheap stuff but it holds as far as i can tell but i have a connect with a metal worker so i could get higher grade steel. than my galvanized emt ecectrical conduit:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/members/customlegend91-19907.html[/IMG]i have had this car for one week and i have to say it was a heap of shit inside :) but i stripped it and made a list of inerior parts needed, and fixed all the half ass shit the last owner did:) now its better and all but anywayse it has

wapon-r coldair intake
full custom otto racing exhaust (whos otto racing?)
eibach lowering springs
JDM motor 60k
HAP at tranny
rear struts:)
gooood brakes:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds like a ruining of a legend.
really? does your legend do a 180 on command? like its on ice?? didnt think so....:giggle: it corners better to cuz the a*s end isnt twisting.....

by the way im working at night so i will have to post tha pics when its not pitch black outside

the car use to do a 180 if you went wayyy to fast and pitched it but now i can get em done at lower speeds, and the ass dont hop around it just slides.....smoooth.....

·
A work in progress...
309 Posts
pics or I call BS.... remember man, this is a forum of not just owners, but ENTHUSIASTS. We live, breathe, eat, sleep, research, and KNOW our cars... so if you make a claim, back it up... not talking smack, but lets see what you're doing...

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
really? does your legend do a 180 on command? like its on ice?? didnt think so....:giggle: it corners better to cuz the a*s end isnt twisting.....

by the way im working at night so i will have to post tha pics when its not pitch black outside

the car use to do a 180 if you went wayyy to fast and pitched it but now i can get em done at lower speeds, and the ass dont hop around it just slides.....smoooth.....
yes sir, any speed. and it doesn't dip dip side to side. it stay flat, smooth. no ass hopping around. incase you're a newby and don't know, you just need the proper setup. i do have that proper setup, with out doing what u have done.

couple sway bars, some rear tie's, mls bar up front, ksports all around, plus not to mention my coupe only weighted 3000lbs. :hitit:

oh and btw my coupe didn't just do 180's when asked. she gave you the full 360 if u wanted her to.

guess it also helped to have 200+whp/wtq, uhp racing rubber and high quality EBC racing pads to boot...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well i dont know about all u guys, but i bought the car you see as my avitar for 600 bucks and i dont care 2 spend alot on it at the moment , this was 4 guys that have fabbing tools and skillz that dont have a lot of money lying around, i will have pics soon, i work at night at the moment so its alittle hard for my cell phone 2 take pics of this, i know one thing tho i have a sedan not a coupe! it could do 360's 4 shure no problem but i dont go testing that theory all the time, this is simple, an hour of my time and mind, made this car handle much better, so knock it all you want but what you spent hundreds and probly more on what i accomplished in an hour. just because you guys wanna call b/s im gonna stay up late and wait 4 the sun 2 rise and post these pics , its 5:02 am i will have them up at like 6:00 when the sun rises..

well as for eveyone bashin the name of this thread , the play on words is getting dumb real quick, im just adding my input, if you dont want it then go home, dont bash me, if you cant read directions, and you need pics the you are stupid......monkey see monkey do.....
human read human do..... all of you who want pics must not know you car very well......

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
this whole idea just wreaks of ghetto fab

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.