Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend's family is selling a '95 Legend LS Sedan automatic for around $800-$1200. It has 352,000 miles on it (they drove it to georgia and tennessee a few times), and the air conditioning stopped working after a minor accident. Honestly, I don't know much about cars, and I have read around the forum, and the Legend seems to have high maintanence costs. What would be your take on buying this car?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Seeing as how the car has an unusually high amount of mileage and problems with the air conditioning, how long do you think this car would last, and what problems/expenses could I expect to see in the future? I'm just a college student, and money is tight.

· Registered
17 Posts
i have had my legend for 2 yrs. maintanence price is not bad if you can do simple oil changes and such but finding parts in stock at any parts store is a problem. they are never in stock when in emergency i.e took 5 days to get a front right caliper

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Take a picture or two of it and post them up here. I want to see a 350,000 mile Legend! As far as maintenance/reliability -- it depends completely on how the car's been maintained. If you look around here at all, you'll notice that G2 Legends are famed for blowing head gaskets (usually requires an extensive rebuild or replacement motor to fix) when the cooling system is not properly maintained. If they've got maintenance records on it, go for it. I'm at 199,500 on my 1994 and have been able to maintain it on a college student's budget. If there is no maintenance history available, I'd shy away from it. The timing belt and water pump should have been changed on it every 90,000 miles, for starters. I imagine the car is probably on its third or fourth radiator as well. Let us know what you end up doing. Hope you can join the family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.