Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get one, but have just a little mechanical skill. A write up on a Type I to a Type II manifold would be a nice DIY.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the diy for BHG has all the steps just dont go any further than the intake mani? Just a thought incase your in a hurry. im in the middle of mine right now any particulars pics you needs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that will help i hope. I am gonna tackle this soon.

·
Registered
157 Posts
so is the EGR completely just eliminated doing the type 2 manifold swap? and you put a steel plate on the back of the manifold? help please direct answers. i have searched the forums.
Thanks

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
not the whole egr system just that pipe has to be blocked of since theres a connection on the back of the type I Manifold if i am correct If u are still not sure let me know i will search the explaination

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
^^yea i just checked that out thanks i forgot the exact name... yep your gonna notice a nice gain with the IM specially high end

·
Registered
157 Posts
Alright. i have both intake manifolds infront of me. type 1 and 2. do i need to buy a type 2 egr valve? i only have the jdm type 1 and usdm type 1.
can the type 1 usdm or jdm bolt up to the type 2 manifold. as far as the pair pipe goes i am just taking it off because I have OBX racing headers going on the car when i put it all together.
please help thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
also

also i noticed that from pics of the type 2 motors I have seen my EGR valve looks different from the one that is on the type 2 motor.
I dont see how it will bolt right back up
Do I need to buy a type 2 EGR valve i think i asked again oh well sry.
THANKS

·
Registered
157 Posts
one more thing

one more thing.I dont see anywhere for the EGR to hook up to the back of to the type 2 manifold. Can you delete the EGR alltogether???

·
Registered
643 Posts
i did the swap and yes you can use the type 1 egr valve, i believe they are the same for type 1 and 2. and yes it does bolt up to a type 2 trust me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok i got it. and still i am eliminating the pair pipe, so i need to put a plate on the back of the piece it connects to??

I went back to take a double look at DV8's pages on the EGR block plates and it does work
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts