Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've never messed with anything to do with this area of the car, but where is the starter solenoid wire and how is the easiest way to access it and run a lead off of it to the dash?

then after i find that i just need to find a 12v wire that gets power when the key is in accessory. that way i have to put the key in and turn it to accessory then push the button to start it. or if i wired it this way i would also have the option of just turning the key to start the car. am i correct?

but mainly.. where is the wire?

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no no no no no...... you are both misunderstanding me. Its my mistake. I meant to say that i will put the key in, turn it to the run position (sorry i put accessory last night i was halfway asleep when i posted this :) ) then i can push the button if i want. its a pointless mod i know but i just kinda feel like doing it. Yes my key currently works. Its just my preference.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rangerjoe, in the title of this thread i put push button starter. i didn't know they could be confused?

anyways.. all i need to know is where is the starter solenoid wire... thats all.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't say anything about a hidden button. that was SCarGo.

SCarGo. said:
Sure that way if someone stole your keys they couldn't start it w/o pushing that secret button.
and we were still talking about a starter button...

Oh yea i've got a haynes. I completely forgot about it! good call RangerJoe

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
:D Has anyone ever done this to a legend? I am planning on making a custom center console and want to have a push start, like on an S2000, I know they sell the button alot and have seen it in a RSX and a few civics, if someone does this, a DIY would be very much appericated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.