Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in this car because it was white with black leather interior. The guy claims the cars a 2 owner car and he has lost the receipts and its at 121k but says the car is inside out mint. I asked if it had any accidents and he said he was hit once on the right door side, by a bentley coupe and he got it repaired because the bentley's insurance company of course paid for it.

After running a carfax, found out the car was titled junk title TWICE and had rebuilt titles plus multiple odometer roll backs ! To top it all of, its had 9 owners all together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRICE JUST LOWERED AGAIN WOW - $3000 (Gramercy)
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-04-08, 2:14PM EDT

95 white ACura Legend LS coupe with 121k highway miles. In great condition with evey option you can think about.Custom soundsystem,17inch white rims, amplier,boombox, black leather in perfect condition. Have to see and drive to believe it. Call FRANK at 646 529 6948, need to get rid of Fast just lowered
again in price 3000. thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
typical used car salesman lol. it sounds like he works at a lot of some sort. either way i hate guys who arren't honest about cars when they're selling them

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Hey with the number posted, should we give him a call pretending to be interested, and then set an appointment to meet and then not show up?

Or better yet, call him, get some info, and then CALL HIM out with the car fax info after he's already BS'ed a bunch of the questions??

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey with the number posted, should we give him a call pretending to be interested, and then set an appointment to meet and then not show up?

Or better yet, call him, get some info, and then CALL HIM out with the car fax info after he's already BS'ed a bunch of the questions??
LOL I was going to do that, the way he makes the car sound as if it was babied. I wanted to go ask him in front of him a few questions, such as do you know of any accidents? number of owners 2 ? really???.

At first I thought it was a possibility that he just didn't know or never did a carfax but the fact that it took me 3 days for him to even give me the vin and his run around answers such as car's in the garage, I'll tell you the vin # when you come to see it made me suspicious in the first place. It was a 45 min drive which I saved time on and hope no one falls into his trap.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
LoL, this guy sounds like a real douche bag too, here is the latest listing.

WOW 95 ACURA LEGEND COUPE LS BIG DOG

WOW 95 ACURA LEGEND COUPE LS BIG DOG - $3000 (East Village)

Reply to: [email protected]

Date: 2008-04-15, 2:28PM EDT

i have a white 95 ACURA LEGEND COUPE, with type 2 egine. Fully stock with every option you can think of, and much more. The car is in great condition in and out. i did alot of work on the car like the over heating problem, along with the cyclers. Car has only 121k highway miles on it, and the body is a great condition, no rust no dents or anything. It also has white 17inch rims, and custom sound system, along with muti lock car system. Please call FRANK at 646 529 6948 if you interested in buying. If you know this car is the last year made and it's worth double the amount im asking for. So please dont waste my time looking at the car, or window shopping. Cash only and pick up a must. One more thing price is firm 3000 do your homework before you call. thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
"it's worth double the amount im asking for. So please dont waste my time looking at the car, or window shopping. Cash only "

what an ASS!

send him a link to this thread...

·
Who is THE MASTER?!
1,349 Posts
sam o nela i have no receipts of my head gasket being done... does that decrease the value of my car... i never plan on selling it but i just wanted to know.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
LOL I was really just trying to be a jerk....but yeah....you should really be keeping receipts for ALL work done to any cars.....it really goes a long way in the end when negotiating with a buyer....

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Sam o nela, I love your craigs listing, lmao!

Oh, and I keep all my receipts : )

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,432 Posts
I think that i might have to call this guy and see what he says! haha! not bust him but just see what he has to say about the car! anyone else think i should?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
his dishonesty is unpleasant but it might be worth 3k?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I exchanged a couple emails with this douchebag, but I don't think forum rules would allow me to show them here, lol. Suffice to say I called him on his BS, and he took it reeeaal personal. I even have an invitation to "show up and say that s**t to his face". ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts