Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teenage drivers (boys for that matter) + dropped G1 = slaughtered undercarriage :censored:

No major fluid leak; even with gouge oil pan and badly cracked tranny housing, it does NOT affect the car driveability at all... I can not wait to have full custody of the car!

·
Registered
133 Posts
ooo give him good talking too!!!!! lol
parts of my car look like that too :(
stupid speed bumps at my old high school >.<

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kanichi said:
stupid speed bumps at my old high school >.<
I know for a fact my older son drove the car like he's driving my Suburban; back in HS days :no:

Alperovich said:
That's an understatement Alex :lol: ...it's more like; die :commie_ba

Beeze said:
mine looks alot worse!
So, yours is lower Brent? or just drive as bad as my boys. j/k :p

Xcaliber003 said:
:( Glad it still drives good.
You betcha my friend :thumbsup: ...I can drop anything that I'm doing and go for a 2K mile drive with confidence ;) ...the car is mechanically sound!

·
Registered
444 Posts
oww dude... not good.

and breeze, ijust noticed on your sig... did you cut yer mudflaps? where're yer rear ones?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Lol damn, my exhaust looks like the one you posted all bent lol.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eekazum said:
oww dude... not good.
Let me tell you ee... when the Mrs and I got this for our older son two Christmas ago, he doesn't even drive it as hard as he did with the Legend :uhh: ...damn kids!

BTW you're coming out on Sunday for the meet?!? <=check my sig below ;)

l4zy415 said:
my exhaust looks like the one you posted.
But your car is NOT lowered, or is it :squint:

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Lol you caught me, I have airbags. J/p, I wish I did. When I bought the Legend off of my buddy, (thank god I did) he accidentally went over the bump where you park. He's not a smart guy as you can see lol.

·
Registered
473 Posts
wow sorry to see the damage. at least she is still running good though. damn kids.

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
912 Posts
oww dude... not good.

and breeze, ijust noticed on your sig... did you cut yer mudflaps? where're yer rear ones?
nope did not cut them...and my sedan did not come with rear ones...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
pnoye2, thats some sweet streamlining of the undercarriage! bet is shaved off some weight also:bigok:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
l4zy415 said:
I have airbags. J/p, I wish I did. lol.
Wouldn't that be nice l4zy415 :yes:

kclegend77 said:
at least she is still running good though. damn kids.
You can say that again :lol:

eekazum said:
breeze, ijust noticed on your sig... did you cut yer mudflaps? where're yer rear ones?
Beeze said:
my sedan did not come with rear ones...
Brent picked up them rear mudflaps on our last junkyard run :thumbsup:

jkurl said:
thats some sweet streamlining of the undercarriage! bet is shaved off some weight also :bigok:
Nah, not really Jerry... my fat behind just compensates every little shaved off weight under there :giggle:

Vic Cardenas said:
Make your kid pay for headers and full exhaust.
Believe me I would... only problem is, they'd be asking mommy for $$$ :yes: ...you've guess'd it; mommy will come running to me for $$$, it's a lose lose situation in my case :bigcry:

legendvr said:
Crack in the trasmission housing is something you should fix soon.
That huge crack has NO effect to the tranny... I've look real hard down there and it seems like just a mounting point or some sort, I'll double check just in case I missed something ;) ...thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Let me tell you ee... when the Mrs and I got this for our older son two Christmas ago, he doesn't even drive it as hard as he did with the Legend :uhh: ...damn kids!

BTW you're coming out on Sunday for the meet?!? <=check my sig below ;)
i suppose the younger generation (mine included) would see an aging jalopy that's been broken in and would treat it with less respect than a shiny new diamond like an imp. that said, i'd hate to see that kinda damage to either car! tell him to save up for his own vehicle to scrape into the ground!

and yeah, i'm gunna try to make it to this meet. ain't 100% sure yet but i wanna actually meet all you faceless avatars!

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
I had a motorcycle that had some scrapes like that on it a long time ago. Some matching hands and other parts as well.

You sure he didn't try to grind down a rail somewhere like on rollerblades or a skateboard? Just kind of forgot he was in a car?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
eekazum said:
i'd hate to see that kinda damage.
I hear you loud and clear ee... and please, please try to come mingle with us on Sunday?!? :yes:

TO90LEGEND said:
I had a motorcycle that had some scrapes like that on it a long time ago.

You sure he didn't try to grind down a rail somewhere like on rollerblades or a skateboard? Just kind of forgot he was in a car?
:rofl: wait a minute, that'd explain why my boys had some new tricks up their sleeves the last time we all went to Mammoth snowboarding :giggle:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That huge crack has NO effect to the tranny... I've look real hard down there and it seems like just a mounting point or some sort, I'll double check just in case I missed something ;) ...thanks!
That part of the trans bolts to a thick rubbery bushing/mount, that sits on the crossmember, that doesn't neccessarily hold the weight of the motor and trans when the car is sitting still (sadly I've had to remove that part plenty of times lol). but when you go over a bump the weight of the motor/trans pushes down and the crossmember helps support and balance the weight. Hence, he had to be going over a sizable bump to cause the motor/trans to push down and the crossmember being against the ground didn't give way, something had to give way and the trans bellhousing cracked. But since that part doesn't hold the weight accept over rough bumps you should be alright, I just hope the crack doesn't grow.But that would only be if you repeated what he did and scrape hard over a bump. sorry for the long post.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts