Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatsup ALC. well today i was at my girls grandmoms house, i always hated goin there cuz of parking, well i found a parkin spot across the street from her grandmoms house, well i was inside maybe 45 mins, and i hear my alarm go off, so my girls knows how i get, so she ran to the window n says a jeep bumped into the legend, well i go outside alarm still goin off ( by the way i got the alarm siren airhorn & strobe connect to the alarm ) so i go outside walk ova to my car and see this scrap on my bumper so i got pist so i went to the guy bang on his windows and yelled at him & told him YOU HIT MY CAR (was i wrong for yellin your opinion truthfully?) he comes out and said no i didnt so i got even more mad and got louder, he said i need to learn how to talk that if i was to kno how to talk to him right we coulda figured somthin out, so was i wrong for yellin at him, i think i wont be the only person to get the way i got fyi i asked him if sumeone was to damage ur property would u get mad, and he said no, what kinda of bulls*** is that

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way afta his wife got there he got loud started cursin say that he knew i was LATINO and that if i wasnt to be latino he woulda f***ed me up right then & there, i felt like punchin him right in the back of his head while he was walkin away, then he insult me sayin he got money and he can buy a bunch of my piece of s*** car, yo i wanted to f*** him bad insultin the legend callin it a piece of shit meanwhile his 2007 explorer looked like s*** bumpers all f***ed up interior all dirty, but its wateva his insurance payin for all the damages tomorrow, ill post pics up tomorrow

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
I probably woulda yelled too, but I'm italian, so I'm a little more hotheaded than most. :giggle:

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
you ever watch Mr Brooks?

if you have... Mr Brooks his ass.. lol you'll get what i mean ^__^

I would have maybe .. started off nice to see what he would do.. if he played dumb, id start raising my voice...

·
Registered
643 Posts
sure you couldve been nice about it

but it was the heat of the moment and the fact is that if he didnt leave the scene and admit HIS mistake from the beginning you probably wouldnt have been that mad

so what did u guys settle on? did u get his lisense number and report it to your insurance?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Situation like this where you know you got the upper hand with your car getting hit while it was parked, ask him to either to pay for it or you call insurance. No need to yell, just dont let him get away with it. Sure racist comments gonna piss you off, let him talk and get money for it.

If i had a $1 for every time someone has scraped up my bumper, I would have saved up like 5k by now :)

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
by the way afta his wife got there he got loud started cursin say that he knew i was LATINO and that if i wasnt to be latino he woulda f***ed me up right then & there, i felt like punchin him right in the back of his head while he was walkin away, then he insult me sayin he got money and he can buy a bunch of my piece of s*** car, yo i wanted to f*** him bad insultin the legend callin it a piece of shit meanwhile his 2007 explorer looked like s*** bumpers all f***ed up interior all dirty, but its wateva his insurance payin for all the damages tomorrow, ill post pics up tomorrow
I understand getting mad but I probably wouldn't have started yelling. Now as for the "Latino" bull...I'd have nailed his racist ass to a legal wall for that tish! Glad you're car's getting fixed though. The only reason I wouldn't yell is because in the long run imho it gives you the advantage over him.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
What does yelling ever accomplish? It immediately sets the other on the defensive. Stay calm, and things tend to work out phenominally better.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
I wouldn't have yelled at him, but just copied down his plates and asked for his insurance info. If he tried to say he didn't hit you, then i would have just called the police.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i jus drop the car off at the bodyshop im suppose to get it back tomorrow, but u guys are right im always calm bout it, but i jus lost it for a min, but its all good i told the guy if he was to let me talk i woulda apologize to the way i got but he kept on talkin, and i said it in front oh his wife n kids in front of my girl n her fam, that i would apologize but he jus kept on talkin so at the end i let him talked and jus stood shut and waited for the cops, cuz i was willin to work sumthin out with him his wife also but it seem he was jus been hard headed cuz like i said his wife came to me and wanted to work it out with out insurance but he didnt want to so taht was on him, now im pretty sure his insurance will go up while mine stay the same

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, it looks real clean from your pic. I would've prob flipped out as well due to the same fact that he did not try to own up to his mistake like a man. I tell myself that I wouldn't start yelling but trurth is I don't know how I'll react on a given day/circumstances. Good you din't take it ant further cause once someone is in the wrong and they try to get loud or stupid cause of a reaction they brought about, it's times like those when I will snap and start smacking someone around, without thinking of consequences of course(I'm a little older and smarter so I try not to put myself in those type of situatuions because I know myself). That hispanic comment I don't like due to me being hispanic as well, what's funny is that I am "whiter" than many white people and english is my first language. Some people are stupid, they hate because we are the best of both worlds, our diff mixes with europeans, natives, and africans. You should give him that book written by Geraldo Rivera HisPanic.

·
Registered
364 Posts
YELL AT EM!!!! then they will know you are not HAPPY!!! :)

lol my 2 cents

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK...next time anybody pulls the raciscm BS, throw on your BEST scarface accent, start calling him "Holmes"...and tell him not to worry, "i got your lis-cence plate, and i will send some of my Favorite Cholo's...and there little friends to collect the payment due if you doesn't want to pay now..."

He has everything to lose , including face in front of his wife....and the other thing i have learnd that if you can make a man APPEAR cheap in front if his GF or wife, he will get NO action for weeks...or until she forgets...chicks hate that shit and even worse to be associated with it... poor provider = no ass

scratch repair is cheap compared to that...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here it goes, i kno alot of people goin to say they wouldnt waste their breath on sumthin like this, but that goes to show u how picky i am with my car, so let me here ur comment on this now, by the way im gettin my car back tomorrow, geico insurance had to pay the body shop $546.29 to get the bumper repaired, i thought it woulda ran $250 tops but i was wrong

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Yo man, I got a thread for you:
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f9/ugh-people-116981/

The same thing happened to my 6-months-new-to-me M3. I'm not gonna lie, I was losin' it but I kept my swearing to an absolute minimum (I did say "the hell you didn't" when the lady suggested she didn't do any damage to my car).

This sort of thing *ALWAYS* costs more than you think it will. ALWAYS. Unless you work at the body shop, don't even bother to think up a number 'cause it's gonna be wrong.

Point is, the MOST important thing you can do is stay calm enough to get a name, insurance information, and the license plate number. Yelling is expected but the guy you're dealing with is a moron.

It's a simple process to get someone's information from their license plate info in a situation like this so if needed, you can always deal with obtaining further information later: write that down FIRST.

But yeah, you can see what I've gone through in that thread up there. I don't blame you for yelling at the guy but I'm surprised you didn't beat the hell out of him right then and there: pulling the race card and saying you're attitude prevented him from working with you is cowardice bulls---. Race don't mean a damn thing and any fool that messes up a man's car ought to expect to have some attitude comin'.

That said, I gotta go bump my other thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts