Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get a fuzzy staticy sound from my stereo for the 95L sedan. Was the recall for the earlier model on the G2's?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Specifically, it is for the 91-92 LS Legends only. All other trims and years do not apply. All L model Legends do not have a separate amp, and the 93-95 Legends LS's use a different upgraded amp

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Do you only get the sound when the cabin temp is low? I have a bad right front Bose Speaker, the one on the left slightly too.

I took off the door panel to look at the right speaker, when I lightly touched it, the sound cut off, which makes me think the wiring inside the speaker itself is gone. I can't explain the relation to it, but when the cabin temp rises to about room temp, the distortion, mostly, goes away. In the mornings it is far worst, like static, or garbage sound, the type of sound you get when to wires cross that shouldn't The rear speakers are perfect.

Now i'm wondering if I have two problems, the speaker and the bose premium amp, or just the speakers themselves that are affected by the temp. I will be replacing them soon with some other Bose speakers. Hopefully, the problem will not persist.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just starting to get staticy whenever I up the volume, but not sure if the cabin temp has to do anything w/ it. It sounds like a badly burned CD or maybe the speakers are starting to get shot, so I was just making sure whether my car included in the recall. Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts