Acura Legend Forum banner

Watch out for the new Cobra's!

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Ramin 
#1 ·
From an article I read, the newest model Mustang Cobra has the supercharged V-8.. 390 horses! I guess Ford needs an answer to the ZO6, I think they found it.

#6 ·
HurricaneLegend said:
If only they could mate that powerplant to a Honda chassis/suspension... both the vette and stang handle like poop on a stick
I really would beg to differ on the state ments that c5 vettes handle like poop on a stick, I have driven and riden in both a stock c5 and a 96 nsx on twisty roads, and to be honest, I felt slightly more secure in the c5, and it was a bit faster, more throttle response, and easier to drive faster.

the cobra I am not sure, but thevette is definetly a good handling car.

b

#7 ·
bing0 said:

I really would beg to differ on the state ments that c5 vettes handle like poop on a stick, ......

.....thevette is definetly a good handling car.

b
Furthermore, the Z06 is THE dominant car is SCCA stock racing classes (both road racing and autocrossing). I doubt the Z06 handles like poop on a stick considering its out-running cars that cost twice as much.

The C5 Vette, and the Z06 in particular, are pretty **** impressive cars.

And I don't think the Cobra was ever intended to compete with the Vette. The think the new Cobra is targeted at blowing the doors off the dying Camaro Z28 SS.

The new GT40..... now that is looking like a Ford that will take some fire from the Z06!

#8 ·
New Cobra not poop on a stick...

If you have seen the new Car and Driver mag (June 2002) The 2003 Cobra is on the cover. First of all they gave it a very good review, and second of all if you look at the comparison you will notice that its quicker than the Vette in the 1/4 mile and from 0-60 mph. Cobra 0-60 4.5 sec, and 12.9 1/4 mile.

Now, I know that a Ford doesn't have the luxury of our Acura's but they arent meant to have luxury. But for 35 grand, and about 15 grand cheaper than the Vette.... I must say I am impressed. The review sounds like the car handles impressively well also.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Legend but the Stang will always have a place in my heart. It was my first car, and I would consider making the new Cobra my next.

What do you think???

#11 ·
Re: hahha

abe805 said:
ha foo ur tripping z06 do low 12 and high 11s 1/4 mile dawg ha so shut ur gap:mad:
Z06, high 11s?, I think not... here are the real ZO6 numbers:

Corvette ZO6
price: 45-50,000$
hp: 405
0-60: 4.7 sec
0-100: 10.8 sec
1/4 mile: 13.1 @111.0mph

Somehow you seem to have gotton 1/4 times mixed up with the Ferrari F50 and McLaren F1.

#13 ·
ha foos

**** were u guys been 1/4 z06 will do low 12s and high 11s have u guys been to the track umm dont think so go test one out and take it to the track oh and for the z06 it is 4.0 **** foos were u guys been reading too much motor trend and car and driver man quit those magz they suk and drive one for ur self :eek:

#14 ·
ok

here the fact for the cobra=(5 to 60 mph) figure of just 4.9 seconds. Remember, that's a launch initiated with the clutch fully engaged, with the engine turning over at very low revs ok here are for the z06 after lil searching around car and driver and motor trend =GM says the Corvette Zo6 will reach 60 mph in less than four seconds and polish off the quarter-mile in 12.4 seconds. Considering we've had trouble slipping 460-hp Vipers under the four-second mark and that a Z06 has never hit 60 in less than 4.3 seconds by our hands or reached 1320 feet in less than 12.7 seconds, it's possible we won't be able to substantiate these claims.

#18 ·
A Vette Z06 backed down to me and chickened out at the starting line at the track a year ago. We lined up, getting ready to go and the Vette saw my Legend and left. I had to run by myself...

Ok so the Vette had steam coming out from under his hood and probably damaged something but still, he backed down against me :p hehehehehe...

Probably better for me, some of those 60/70's Stangs I ran against made me look like a Civic trying to race a Legend. LOL.

#20 ·
HurricaneLegend said:
If only they could mate that powerplant to a Honda chassis/suspension... both the vette and stang handle like poop on a stick
before you start talkin out of the hole you put your poop stick in why dont you read up on how "bad" the Z06 vette handles, they're like .1 g's behind the S2000 in cornering....which says they'll out corner any other Honda out there minus the bikes

#21 ·
Re: New Cobra not poop on a stick...

MadDog said:
If you have seen the new Car and Driver mag (June 2002) The 2003 Cobra is on the cover. First of all they gave it a very good review, and second of all if you look at the comparison you will notice that its quicker than the Vette in the 1/4 mile and from 0-60 mph. Cobra 0-60 4.5 sec, and 12.9 1/4 mile.

Now, I know that a Ford doesn't have the luxury of our Acura's but they arent meant to have luxury. But for 35 grand, and about 15 grand cheaper than the Vette.... I must say I am impressed. The review sounds like the car handles impressively well also.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Legend but the Stang will always have a place in my heart. It was my first car, and I would consider making the new Cobra my next.

What do you think???
holy crap thats it? I thought the new Mustang would be way faster....for the price I know a lot of cars that will spank the crap outta it, theres a guy with a 94 Z28 runnin a 100 shot at a shop around here that runs a 12.1 on the quarter...the NOS, an exhuast cut out and BFG DR's are the only mods he has too lol

and I'd like to see how they're gonna make the new supercharged cobra only $35K, have you seen the actual sticker price saying that? I think you're looking at the sticker price of the current Cobra....I may be wrong on that though

#22 ·
Re: Re: hahha

LeoLegendATL said:

Z06, high 11s?, I think not... here are the real ZO6 numbers:

Corvette ZO6
price: 45-50,000$
hp: 405
0-60: 4.7 sec
0-100: 10.8 sec
1/4 mile: 13.1 @111.0mph

Somehow you seem to have gotton 1/4 times mixed up with the Ferrari F50 and McLaren F1.
You musta been reading the power wheels vette specs or sumthin, cuz your #s are way off, I've seen a regular joe shmoe come to the track with a bone stock Z06 (and I looked under the hood and talked to the guy to make sure) but he was pullin 12.4 all night long...and that was with the 385hp model

#23 ·
You know the new Cobra has 390 hp but just by taking out its air silencer you add another 13 ponies, so now you are at 403 ponies. Then you can chip it add a new cat back and a smaller super charger (I forget the name of it but the smaller part at the end that turns). This car also has a 6 speed tranny and the 3.55 gears in it. Another fact is that it has the bigger 17 by 9s on it with 275s as stock tires.A reworked IRS is another good point in this car. Now it will go tow to tow with any C5 and give all them Z06 owners a good run for their money if not beat them. I like my Mustangs a lot, I got a 2000 GT that is not stock (lets put it) any more. I really like the Vettes too but I like the Stang just a tad better.However GM is comming out with a C6 pretty soon and I bet that thing is going to be a monster.
Another thing I wantted to talk about is that I am a car enthusiast I like Stangs a lot but any nice car is going to grab my attention. I just wish that every one thought like this instead of putting down other cars just because it isnt what they have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.